PDA

View Full Version : Custom dice strings

i3ullseye
November 9th, 2019, 10:05
Is there a reference somewhere to all of the supported die rolling commands? Has this area been expanded to include re-rolling ones or other tricky things that were a bit problematic in the past? I would really like to test out keeping, exploding, etc... for things like L5R or other games.

LordEntrails
November 10th, 2019, 03:40
Did you check out the FGU Wiki linked from the Training sticky?

I found this article, does it answer your questions?
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996640101/Rolling+Dice

i3ullseye
November 10th, 2019, 08:45
Yeah I saw that one, but it seems incomplete. It doesn't define exploding (Though I am pretty sure that is "!"), doesn't talk about re rolling ones, things of that nature.

Moon Wizard
November 11th, 2019, 23:37
I've updated the dice expressions table with a summary of dice feature for each example, more detail in the descriptions, and a couple more examples for reroll and penetrate die modes. That should help a little for now.

Regards,
JPG

i3ullseye
November 12th, 2019, 00:46
Awesome, thanks. Looks like some of the more quirky rolls we have had in the past might just be fully addressed in FGU.

Edit to add: On that last expression, it looks like "r" does indeed do a reroll, so 5d6r1 would roll five dice, but reroll any ones. But this is a repeating reroll? Is there an expression that says reroll ones, but only once? That is honestly the most commonly occurring version, at least in 5E.

deer_buster
November 12th, 2019, 01:59
Still no fix for FGU-411? I know, not high on the list...but it would be really helpful for Rolemaster based sets :)

Moon Wizard
November 12th, 2019, 17:48
i3ullseye,
* The die modes (!, r, e, p, l) support ranges and limits. (! = compounding, r = reroll, e = exploding, p = penetrating, l = explode low)
* The range operators are (=, <=, >=, <, >). There are assumed ranges (if none specified) are: <= for (r, l); and >= for (!, e, p).
* The limit operator is '#<X>'. When specified, the individual die mode is limited to X iterations.
* One other note is that explode low (l) rolls will flip to exploding rolls with negative values, after the first match. (ala Rolemaster)

deer_buster,
I'm already talking with Dakadin about RMC considerations, though they have take a bit of a backseat to stability/performance issues, ruleset blocking issues and bug tracking. All in good time...

Regards,
JPG

i3ullseye
November 12th, 2019, 22:49
Thanks! That's the kind of stuff we need. Now time to get creative with it hehe. Though I can't seem to figure out how to structure '#<X>' to make it work.

Moon Wizard
November 13th, 2019, 02:32
The die mode limit must come after the range. (i.e. 2d6e#1) However, it looks like it might not be working right now; so I filed a FGU-719. But, that's how it's going to eventually work. :)

Regards,
JPG

i3ullseye
November 13th, 2019, 08:41
Awesome, thanks.

So 10d6r1#1 would roll 10 d 6, and reroll any ones that were rolled, but only reroll the ones once?

Moon Wizard
November 16th, 2019, 07:16
Yes, that's how it should work. As I mentioned, the mode limits seem to not be working currently, so I'll need to look into that next time i get a change to work on dice expressions.

Regards,
JPG

QuantumSin
November 13th, 2020, 03:53
Did this ever get looked at? Limiting the reroll to a single occurrence still doesn’t seem to work in Unity.

Moon Wizard
November 13th, 2020, 05:01
Not yet. We're still working through launch items; and helping ruleset developers get migrated.

Regards,
JPG

dellanx
December 15th, 2020, 01:55
Are there any plans to allow making effects with the dice commands? Like:

Sneak Attack; DMG: 2d8r2 precision

Thanks

Moon Wizard
December 15th, 2020, 05:53
There are no plans at the moment; because it requires a bunch of global scripts to be updated to handle all the new variations. We will eventually, because that was the plan. But, FGU performance/stability and vision/lighting are higher priority.

Reagrds,
JPG

dellanx
December 15th, 2020, 10:09
There are no plans at the moment; because it requires a bunch of global scripts to be updated to handle all the new variations. We will eventually, because that was the plan. But, FGU performance/stability and vision/lighting are higher priority.

Reagrds,
JPG

That makes sense, thank you.

celebrindal
November 14th, 2021, 02:14
Anytime someone posts a link to the Atlassian sites I get a restricted sited access error.

damned
November 14th, 2021, 02:49
Its an outdated link - try this one:
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996640101/Rolling+Dice

celebrindal
November 14th, 2021, 04:58
Thanks, figured as much.