PDA

View Full Version : PF2 - Wishlist Item

ShadeRaven
November 8th, 2019, 10:54
As I go through and create a detailed spell list entries for the all-in-one, drag-n-drop module, I am coming across a lot of necessary repetitiveness where entries for heightened spells have to be replicated for each level to ensure the powers at that level are accurate for use.

Example: Grim Tendrils. At level 1, it's a 2d4 negative damage spell with 1 (or 2) persistent bleed (with saves to reduce or eliminate, etc). A 2nd level version of it makes it 4d4 with 2 (or 4) bleed. Etc. These have to be broken out as separate entries as the spell's user may select it at varying levels.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29996

What would be terrific, however, and allow for a 1-spell-entry-does-it-all version would be if there was a Dice Multiplier for Damage (and Heal) that included an option for Spell Level. What would be equally as useful, and I imagine immeasurably more of a PITA, is having an Effect tag that also was keyed to Spell Level; such as [SL], similar to [CL].

So here's a mock-up example of how a single Grim Tendrils spell entry that works for all levels might appear:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29997

The reason that would be amazing is because with just 1 spell entry, depending on what spell level it was dropped into, it would automatically adjust. So if that Grim Tendrils was placed into a 3rd level spell slot, it would adjust to be 6d4 and the effects would adjust to 3 bleed (or 6 bleed on the 2x for crits).

Again, I expect this isn't an easy ask and we can all certainly use the more broken out spells that are employed currently, but as a Wishlist Item, this would be pretty nice. :)

Trenloe
November 8th, 2019, 12:27
It's a good idea. I'll look into how feasible it is to implement in a future release.

Alex Craft
November 8th, 2019, 17:33
yea, the redundancy of having to make new entries for heightened spells sucks, i did that with the spell effects :(

Milke
November 8th, 2019, 19:53
On spells and targeting, is there a way for a spell caster to target all his allies in the combat tracker at once? Instead of having to drag the target to each one every time.

Trenloe
November 8th, 2019, 20:05
On spells and targeting, is there a way for a spell caster to target all his allies in the combat tracker at once? Instead of having to drag the target to each one every time.
Yep. Use the normal multi-targeting options. The easiest is to click the "Target friendly unit" button in the map toolbar (if you've got the tokens on a map). Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tokens#Targeting If you're not using a map, then CTRL+click on each entry in the CT to add all the targets at once. Then click the relevant button to apply the effect - you can't use drag/drop for multi-targets.

Milke
November 8th, 2019, 22:31
Ohhh. Have to have the little lock icon on the map unlocked for the player to see any targeting icons. Took me a little bit to figure that out. Thanks.

KILLGORE
November 12th, 2019, 17:08
I would like to see the official critical hit and fumble tables for fantasy grounds and the harrow deck for 2e!

Trenloe
November 12th, 2019, 17:18
I would like to see the official critical hit and fumble tables for fantasy grounds and the harrow deck for 2e!
Critical hit decks and fumble decks are in the pipeline. As the Harrow Deck isn't really a Second Edition product I doubt that will be done, at least not by me.

EDIT: Critical Hit Deck in action preview:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30167

KILLGORE
November 12th, 2019, 17:34
Nice Trenloe! The harrow deck is non specific to rules. They go on alignment.

Trenloe
November 12th, 2019, 17:36
The harrow deck is non specific to rules. They go on alignment.
Yes, but they are not a Pathfinder Second Edition product. Hence why I won't be doing them.

yarnevk
November 12th, 2019, 21:42
Can you put the name of the critical card rule as an extra tag. With all the use of effects it gets hard to remember why somebody has some effect on them

Concussion; Stupefied:2

Trenloe
November 12th, 2019, 21:57
Can you put the name of the critical card rule as an extra tag. With all the use of effects it gets hard to remember why somebody has some effect on them

Concussion; Stupefied:2
Good idea. I'll look into it.

UltimateGM
November 12th, 2019, 22:09
Trenloe has devoted his life to 2e so that's the reason he will not be able to convert 1e products over. :p

Trenloe
November 12th, 2019, 22:29
Trenloe has devoted his life to 2e so that's the reason he will not be able to convert 1e products over. :p
Pretty much. I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing... :/

StevenP
November 13th, 2019, 12:07
Pretty much. I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing... :/

For us it's a good thing. I haven't been disappointed yet in a product you've been involved in.

ShadeRaven
November 13th, 2019, 13:28
For us it's a good thing. I haven't been disappointed yet in a product you've been involved in.
Well... to be fair... there was that time for the Never Annual Fantasy Grounds Holiday Bizarre he tried to make those Cinnamon Swirl Creme Brulee Lemon Cookie Bars that sent three people to the emergency room in a diabetic shock. Not to mention, I thought he used a touch too much vanilla extract. But, hey, who's perfect?!?

I do agree, though, that his efforts to bring things to life here on our favorite VT has always bought us nuggets of gold.

phillgamboa
March 29th, 2020, 13:58
Critical hit decks and fumble decks are in the pipeline. As the Harrow Deck isn't really a Second Edition product I doubt that will be done, at least not by me.

EDIT: Critical Hit Deck in action preview:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30167

news to critical and fumble sell?

Trenloe
March 29th, 2020, 14:01
news to critical and fumble sell?
The Bestiary and Lost Omens Character Guide are being worked on at the moment, so development on this is currently suspended until those two products are passed to Paizo for QA.

Torg Smith
March 29th, 2020, 22:20
Glad to hear about the Bestiary and Lost Omens Character Guide.

PaganBlack
April 25th, 2020, 14:09
very much looking forward to this.

Momo
August 27th, 2020, 05:26
Have been scouring the forums for the critical hit / fumble tables.. Trenloe the solo army.. how you doing with this?

Trenloe
August 27th, 2020, 06:31
Trenloe the solo army.. how you doing with this?
It’s on the back burner at the moment. Catering with changes to the main adventure developer has taken priority.

DonE66
January 29th, 2023, 16:11
For anyone that is interested, I converted the current Smiteworks crit/fumble tables module to be PF2 specific and took some liberties in changing some of the effects. Here it is for anyone interested or you can always make adjustments to what I did in the module to customize it for your own campaigns.