PDA

View Full Version : Community development and steam

gqwebb
November 8th, 2019, 03:23
Say I want to add lighting effect layer to maps. That way torches glow or lava does as well. Will I be able to spin up unity and do that? And most importantly would steam ban me?

Just thinking

https://media.giphy.com/media/BMtGb8JSk2Ln1cnPMA/giphy.gif

Moon Wizard
November 8th, 2019, 05:29
The FGU client is a fully compiled executable that just happens to be built using the Unity platform. You won't be able to edit directly in the Unity editor.

I'm not sure if that was what you were asking; but you can let me know if that wasn't the answer. :)

Cheers,
JPG

gqwebb
November 8th, 2019, 23:05
Yes, but what does that mean for community development, extension, asset creation, and tweaking it until it breaks?

Trenloe
November 8th, 2019, 23:06
Yes, but what does that mean for community development, extension, asset creation, and tweaking it until it breaks?
Exactly the same as what it is for FG Classic now.

gqwebb
November 8th, 2019, 23:14
So, making mods and extension as content yes. But getting under the hood is verboten...

https://www.steeda.com/thumbnail.asp?file=assets/images/exim/backup/images/ford-racing-mustang-hood-pins-161-m-16700-a.jpg&maxx=1500&maxy=1000

It would be worth working for free to help and to get to that awesome code.

LordEntrails
November 9th, 2019, 00:01
Yea, it means you still have access to do community development via xml and LUA like with FGC.

Wolf_Shield
November 9th, 2019, 10:24
Wait, I've been holding off learning to create rulesets for FGC as I thought it would be different in FGU so might as well wait for that. Will it be the same for both?

Valarian
November 9th, 2019, 12:44
Wait, I've been holding off learning to create rulesets for FGC as I thought it would be different in FGU so might as well wait for that. Will it be the same for both?
At least to start with, yes. It will be the same.

LordEntrails
November 9th, 2019, 18:32
The only difference is that image controls are changed. Most rulesets don't adapt images so generally its not an issue.