PDA

View Full Version : Where to create a new campaign for Spring or Early winter play

Macabreus
November 7th, 2019, 03:37
Hello all. I am currently writing a campaing using gogle docs. I am a beta tester and have been testing the software by using creating a campaign from scratch. However, there have been many bugs and i often have to restart. If i wnat to have FG ready for my team though, I am wondering where I should create the data. Should I continue in Unity or build from the original FG? Will one be able to upgrade a campaign form original FG to Unity?
Thanks!

LordEntrails
November 7th, 2019, 06:05
FGC. The intent is that FGC campaigns and modules will be able to be moved forward into FGU. You won't be able to add LOS to your maps until FGU, but you can do the stories, encounters et al in FGC and then later do the LOS in FGU.

EDIT: also, don't plan on using FGU for actual play until after it is publicly released, which will be no sooner than December this year.

Mrschievous
April 12th, 2020, 02:23
I see this is an old thread. My question is this. With the Ultimate license of Unity will I be able to create a campaign/module from scratch or from purchased pdf's from Dungeon Master Guild site for example? I see a lot of videos excreta about doing it with the previous version but not with unity.

LordEntrails
April 12th, 2020, 02:47
I see this is an old thread. My question is this. With the Ultimate license of Unity will I be able to create a campaign/module from scratch or from purchased pdf's from Dungeon Master Guild site for example? I see a lot of videos excreta about doing it with the previous version but not with unity.
Yes. You can't ust load a pdf, but you can import and input all the info from a PDF into FGU. The only part that is different than the old videos (FGC) is how images are imported and handled. See the FGU wiki (under the webpage Help pull down) for more information on images.