PDA

View Full Version : Feature requests for post deployment FGU

Cybinja
November 6th, 2019, 18:33
Good Morning FGU Team,

First off Great work on FGU so far I cant wait until I can transfer my campaign over to FGU! I just finished watching the "Fantasy Grounds Fridays -- Talking Unity Closed Beta With Doug & David" on YouTube... I know late to the table for not watching on Twitch... :D

I did a quick search and havent see a post about feature requests to be included once FGU has been deployed? If there is a better place to post this (I know we have one fore legacy FG)

On Locking tokens/players
A nice to have feature would be to only allow player movement on their turn based on the combat log. Then be able to toggle a party movement option while not in combat (DM side only). So the party can only move as a team their total move distance until a new round starts. One final thought for future development would be nice to have players only see their movement allocation. Meaning a range which they can move appear with in available "spaces". 30 feet would enable 6 squares of directional movement. (provided grid squares were 5'). This would also allow users to "double" move once a movement has concluded and its still their turn.

The extra value for a system like this would be to slow down movement. Allow spells/skills/effects/items that have spill over duration in rounds post combat to be tracked more efficiently after combat has ended, giving more use for the combat tracker. Lastly allows for greater control over players who could run ahead, with out preemptively creating terrain blocks or barriers which arent intended for the modules as originally released by WoTC. I for one have players like this who run the map or rush ahead to try to get to the next fight.... and with mask mode off to take advantage of the new lighting view effects/LoS it will pose a huge issue, also potentially allowing them to see more of the map than they should or bypass conflicts then have to move all the players back and have the "forget that defensible alcove you saw further down the hallway outside the next room.... you have to fight here with what you see now as cover" talks.

As always great work for a great product and it is very much appreciated!

LordEntrails
November 6th, 2019, 19:42
I don't think that a second wishlist has been created. I've been suggesting that the regular (previous) wishlist be used and no one has corrected me yet. So I think it's safe to assume (!!) it's still the right place. I can just imagine that any requests in this forum are going to get lost. So just in case you don't have the link, I would still put your ideas here; https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

I think there are some existing token movement ideas on there, not sure about this one though.

Cybinja
November 6th, 2019, 19:46
https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

I think there are some existing token movement ideas on there, not sure about this one though.

Posted it there, Thanks for the Reply LordEntrails! Anyone wanting to vote for this request link is: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=129607