PDA

View Full Version : [Bug] a list of various, as well as a couple of suggestions/ideas

Nightstride
November 5th, 2019, 03:05
The test environment was the provided sample campaign.

I apologize if any of these bugs have been noted elsewhere, I tried to filter out as many duplicates as possible, but may have missed a few. I also tried to provide steps in places that reproducing issues wasn't straight forward

Client issues:
- GM clearing ownership and client grabbing character back causes the portrait name to turn to -Unnamed- until the client re-types the name in
-- Gm Launches a campaign
-- Client joins gm's campaign and selects a character
-- Gm clears ownership of the character
-- Client opens up the character
-- Observe name under portrait

- Following the above issue, retyping the name in via the selected character sheet causes the portrait name background to lose roundness on one side

- GM typing text into chat while a language a client does know is selected only displays "[understood by: Ravina]" (the correct character name) without the stylized text or the translated text being displayed (Middle clicking causes the translated message to show up)
- gm exiting causes a bunch of errors on the client side

GM view issues:
- take ownership in the PC window does not work
- remove ownership does not remove the portraits from the top
- having a client take Ravina, then having a client take Tanner causes the box around Tanner's name to clip under Ravina's portrait.

- buttons have a relatively long delay between the initial click and the window becoming visible (if not done already, perhaps deferring loading to another thread/job and dynamically putting in the data would make it *seem* faster)
- In the assets window, when hovering over a bag/folder/thing, dragging gets prioritized when doing a mouse press, rather than delving deeper into the folder, double-clicking delves deeper. For consistency, I would suggest having the folder clicks be single click and keeping the dragging action deferred to the non-occupied portions of the window, similar to how it's handled in the other windows.
- Adding, messing with, then removing the fx layer doesn't appear to remove the fx functionality from occurring.
- doing the above and switching to the LOS tab and placing walls/terrain/etc causes fx to appear randomly...as does nearly any interaction with the map, like moving a token with the keyboard. Or hovering over a token.
- in fact the fx layer persists to other images
- Somehow while loading craigmaw castle my mouse became offset from the actual selection pixel. Closing and re-opening the map fixed this. I was not able to reproduce this as I was testing these as I was writing them here

Both issues:
- highlighting and scrolling causes blank highlights to show up over the top of FGU windows
-- open the story window
-- open any option that has enough content to be scrollable
-- highlight any text
-- scroll down

- Numpad enter doesn't act like an enter button
- clicking and dragging in a window generally highlights text, or if locked where relevant, like in notes, highlights a non-useful chunk of text above your pointer. Whereas with the lock unlocked, highlighting works as expected. (fortunately it appears that copying while locked does not work, however having the highlight gets confusing while the lock is locked)
- The pointer doesn't always appear right away when first loading into a campaign in fullscreen. Restoring the window and clicking inside seems to fix it for the session.

Technical Suggestions:
- Perhaps use the job system https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/JobSystem.html to load modules and do thread-blocking tasks (something to see progress would be helpful as well)

Ideas:
- It would be cool to have a way to have and store custom mood lighting values in the mood lighting menu. I get this this isn't being prioritized for the full release at the moment, but if/when it does, this would be helpful
- Have a total reset button for maps. If you completely mess things up, it would be helpful to have an option to reset the image back to its initial state.

Moon Wizard
November 6th, 2019, 00:50
Thanks for reporting. If you could break down each item in your reports, it would help; I felt like I had to try to understand what is broken vs. what was your instructions/comments.

Desktop character list names
I've filed the desktop character list name issues as FGU-685.

Language chat issue
Already being tracked as FGU-626.

Errors on GM exit
It's a known issue that the Return to Launcher functionality is not implemented yet, which is what the player client is trying to do. This will be fixed when that capability is implemented.

Button delays
What buttons are you referring too? There are lots of buttons, and they each do something different. If you are talking about the sidebar buttons that control the campaign lists, we are aware that there are performance issues with these lists that we are planning to look at. It can't be done in a different thread, because it is ruleset scripting code that handles these lists. All scripting has to be handled in main thread to prevent multi-threading issues with script engine state.

FX layer issues
Already being tracked as FGU-623.

Text selection appears outside text field
Already being tracked as FGU-49.

Number pad Enter key implemented as Enter key
Already being tracked as FGU-603.

Regards,
JPG

Nightstride
November 6th, 2019, 06:01
My apologies, I'll try to clarify where possible in the future. As an aside, I'm super excited for the future of FGU :)

As or the above, oh wow, I really should've numbered these.

Errors on GM exit
Oh okay, that makes sense

Button delays
I was primarily talking about the sidebar buttons. Hmm...I think I get the picture, at least to a degree. Is this an accurate statement: the sidebar buttons are tied directly to the rulesets themselves, and an implementation of the job system/multithreading would likely require an implementation across all rulesets individually?

Otherwise most things I mentioned were mostly bugs I noticed, and the last 4 lines were suggestions...as was the line that started with "In the assets window" (that was odd placement for that one).

Once again, sorry for the duplicates. And happy coding! Keep up the great work! :)

LordEntrails
November 6th, 2019, 17:49
Yes, the sidebar buttons are unique/defined in each ruleset.