PDA

View Full Version : Item [FGU-652] - LOS walls are being added to different map. Lost a map.

Henrique Oliveira Machado
November 5th, 2019, 02:54
So, it's a already know item, but i've experienced this bug everytime i test LOS maps, and it's making testing dificult and creating LOS for maps nearly impossible. I was going to volunteer to make the ROD maps, since it's the next campaing i'll run, but it seems quite hard with the way it is now.

Elaborating:

1) Was editing the "Closed rooms" on ROT campaign. Finished it beaultifully and everything worked fine.
2)Then i went to edit the "Shrine" floor. Was adding walls normally, but the walls i've created didn't appear on the map screen.
3) When i pressed ctrl+Z to redo, the whole "Shrine map" was replaced by the "Closed Rooms", and the walls appeared there.
4) At first i thought the program had directed me to the previous map i was editing, but looking at the "maps" session, and opening the "Shine" map, it opened the "Closed rooms" map instead. And i realized i got a duplicate map now.

Fortunately i could restore the map to the original, but lost the map i've already created in the process. At least was a small one.

It's not the first time it has happened to me.

I think this issue should be a priority if there's nothing even more critical on the way.

LordEntrails
November 5th, 2019, 03:03
Thanks for adding details, but no need to start a new thread for a known issue.

We have to trust that SmiteWorks has a better handle on the extent of the various issues and what are the highest priorities. Have faith, they have done an excellent job prioritizing enhancements and issues for FG for years. No reason to think they will suddenly not continue to do the same.

November 5th, 2019, 04:23
Thanks for adding details, but no need to start a new thread for a known issue.

We have to trust that SmiteWorks has a better handle on the extent of the various issues and what are the highest priorities. Have faith, they have done an excellent job prioritizing enhancements and issues for FG for years. No reason to think they will suddenly not continue to do the same.

thanks.
Just wished to comment on my insight, since it could slow down a lot the beta stage, since i lost at least 3 maps for this bug. I wonder if the people creating the LOS for maps in whole settings aren't having the same problem than me.

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2019, 10:05
When you have finished one map (and tested it) exit out of Unity and you can then start on the next one; rinse and repeat. I haven't lost anything since very early Alpha where there was another issue altogether that was wiping the xml files.

The current issue is that you can work on one map but if you start on a second one the occluders disappear. When that happens immediately close Unity and restart.

Allmight
November 5th, 2019, 11:06
What Zacchaeus said. I had the same problem, but when i started to restart FGU after each map, i have not lost any occluders and or work.

November 5th, 2019, 12:23
When you have finished one map (and tested it) exit out of Unity and you can then start on the next one; rinse and repeat. I haven't lost anything since very early Alpha where there was another issue altogether that was wiping the xml files.

The current issue is that you can work on one map but if you start on a second one the occluders disappear. When that happens immediately close Unity and restart.

What Zacchaeus said. I had the same problem, but when i started to restart FGU after each map, i have not lost any occluders and or work.

Thanks for the tip.
Do i have to close the GM session only or do i have to close fantasy grounds and start again?

Allmight
November 5th, 2019, 12:25
Thanks for the tip.
Do i have to close the GM session only or do i have to close fantasy grounds and start again?

You have to quit FGU back to desktop and restart it.

November 5th, 2019, 12:31
Thank you