PDA

View Full Version : Walls LOS only working from one side of the door?

Henrique Oliveira Machado
November 5th, 2019, 01:54
Didn't see this on known topics.

I've recorded a video where it shows that from one side of the door i can close it and open doors to block sight.
But if i go to the other side of the door, i can see everything as if the door wasn't there.

Am i doing something wrong?

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmrBmOzqzPhZmiauE4gjlxM4-Wat?e=t0WzYM

Kelrugem
November 5th, 2019, 01:58
Didn't see this on known topics.

I've recorded a video where it shows that from one side of the door i can close it and open doors to block sight.
But if i go to the other side of the door, i can see everything as if the door wasn't there.

Am i doing something wrong?

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmrBmOzqzPhZmiauE4gjlxM4-Wat?e=t0WzYM

it looks like that you defined your door just as a line :) Beware that except walls everything has to be a polygon with at least three corners/nodes, otherwise you get such glitches :) (e.g. use the rectangle function for these doors instead, then all the nodes will be created automatically :) (though the line mode works of course when there are at least three nodes created))

November 5th, 2019, 01:59
it looks like that you defined your door just as a line :) Beware that except walls everything has to be a polygon with at least three corners/nodes, otherwise you get such glitches :) (e.g. use the rectangle function for these doors instead, then all the nodes will be created automatically :))

oh yes, its probably that alright.
Gonna do it. Thanks

Xorn
November 5th, 2019, 13:09
it looks like that you defined your door just as a line :) Beware that except walls everything has to be a polygon with at least three corners/nodes, otherwise you get such glitches :) (e.g. use the rectangle function for these doors instead, then all the nodes will be created automatically :) (though the line mode works of course when there are at least three nodes created))

Do you mean if it was a line with a node at each and and a node in the center it would still work? Just curious so I don't have to wait to test at home.

Kelrugem
November 5th, 2019, 13:14
Do you mean if it was a line with a node at each and and a node in the center it would still work? Just curious so I don't have to wait to test at home.

You mean a triangle-door basically? Yes, that works :)

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2019, 13:25

Basically yes. But it would be better to draw a proper polygon. Generally I would use the rectangle tool to draw doors, unless the walls are weirdly shaped and don't join up nicely to the door frame.

vyruxx
November 5th, 2019, 14:13
I have realized that even if the doors are closed the player can pass through them

November 5th, 2019, 14:14
I have realized that even if the doors are closed the player can pass through them

as a player or as the DM?

Allmight
November 5th, 2019, 14:14

Have you tried with a second instance of FGU loged on to your server? The GM/DM can pass through, yes. But for me, players can't.

vyruxx
November 5th, 2019, 14:23
my players could pass and I think the door is well created and closed. They could also open and close the door without my permission.

Allmight
November 5th, 2019, 14:29
Yeah, they can open doors without the DM's permission unfortinitly. But there are hints of locked doors somewhere in the future. But they should not be able to pass through a closed door. For me, they can't. Can't see anything wrong with your pic. Odd.

vyruxx
November 5th, 2019, 14:50
curious, when the player tries to pass through the left of the door, it leaves him even if it is closed. But when he tries from the right, he won't let him.

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2019, 17:59
It is very hard to determine from your graphic but I did notice that you had joined the doors only to single wall section. I think you are better joining doors to the door points like the graphic shows. Make sure also that you have walls either side of the door so that when the token passes through the door it doesn't see into the wall.

vyruxx
November 6th, 2019, 14:16
same...
https://youtu.be/n0zcz28alM8

Zacchaeus
November 6th, 2019, 15:18
It may be something to do with you dragging the token rather than using the keyboard. I can reproduce the issue if I drag tokens around (in fact I can move them through doors both ways if I drag and it's even easier to do if I CTRL+drag) but when I use the keyboard to move then doors block all movement. I don't know if this may have something to do with the lock tokens functionality not yet being implemented or not.