PDA

View Full Version : Explanation of Action Tab

KILLGORE
November 4th, 2019, 19:59
I wanted to ask officially what the new Actions tab in the Fantasy Grounds interface is for? Only reason is loading action types that are custom or ones you make for common tasks? I own the core rules for the 2nd edition and I don't see the commonly listed actions in this table and it is empty so this is why I am asking what exactly this is for if it doesn't list the basic actions the core rulebook has in it?

Trenloe
November 4th, 2019, 20:01
It's not used yet.

Willot
November 4th, 2019, 22:45
I used it!

Trenloe
November 4th, 2019, 23:00
I used it!
It will probably change when the underlying actions are implemented. I wouldn’t put too much work into entering anything there as I can’t guarantee how it will change in future. I was going to disable the Actions campaign data list until it was fully implemented, but I know there have been some, like you, who’ve added data in.

Willot
November 4th, 2019, 23:11
Yep always a risk when writing stuff for a ruleset so early in development

KILLGORE
November 5th, 2019, 05:14
Yeah I have added things to it also only because i cant figure out how to "type" the action 123 symbols and reaction curved arrow symbols in without copying them from another stat block. Do they even have hotkeys we can use on the gui side? Plus having premade actions for some monsters is easier than adjusting manually.

Willot
November 5th, 2019, 05:18
You can either type [one-action] for the single arrow etc (it changes when you close the window and reopen it)

Or

Hold down ALT key and type (on the NUMPAD) 0141 for single 0143 for double 0144 for triple 0157 for reaction and 0129? for free (I think)

You have to use the lead 0s

KILLGORE
November 5th, 2019, 05:24
Nice! Thanks!

UltimateGM
November 6th, 2019, 18:56
So technically we could add the actions from the core rulebook here? Like stride, step, strike ect or is this for specific actions entirely or both? I've never used it just figured it was for some future data but it would be nice to just list some of the things players can do since mine aren't using their core rulebook to look at specific actions. Well they haven't read the rules either for that matter but it's no big deal.

Trenloe
November 6th, 2019, 18:59
So technically we could add the actions from the core rulebook here? Like stride, step, strike ect or is this for specific actions entirely or both?
You could, but I really wouldn't recommend that - see post #4 above.

I've never used it just figured it was for some future data...
That's what it's intended for. I'd actually remove it from the ruleset until it's properly implemented, but people have already added data and I wouldn't want to stop access to that. But, in theory, that entered data might all break in the future so perhaps I should take that step now...

UltimateGM
November 6th, 2019, 19:00
So not to be a pest but what kind of functionality is it suppose to have in the future?

Trenloe
November 6th, 2019, 19:01
So not to be a pest but what kind of functionality is it suppose to have in the future?
See the Fantasy Grounds Fridays video from a couple of months ago! ;)

And some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51862-Seperate-action-and-spell-tabs&p=460346&viewfull=1#post460346

UltimateGM
November 6th, 2019, 19:32
[QUOTE=Trenloe;461270]See the Fantasy Grounds Fridays video from a couple of months ago! ;)

I found the video it was from two months ago.

telbot
November 6th, 2019, 19:34
See the Fantasy Grounds Fridays video from months ago! ;)

And some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51862-Seperate-action-and-spell-tabs&p=460346&viewfull=1#post460346

Great vid!

Trenloe
November 6th, 2019, 19:34
Great vid!
Thanks!

And welcome to the FG forums. :)

Willot
November 6th, 2019, 19:52
That's what it's intended for. I'd actually remove it from the ruleset until it's properly implemented, but people have already added data and I wouldn't want to stop access to that. But, in theory, that entered data might all break in the future so perhaps I should take that step now...
Well the longer you wait the worse its gonna get

Trenloe
November 6th, 2019, 20:42
Well the longer you wait the worse its gonna get
How annoyed would you be if it went away? You'd lose access to those actions you've already entered.

Trenloe
November 6th, 2019, 20:58
I've found a way to just hide the actions sidebar button but keep the config still there. You'll be able to still open the actions list using the chat command \openwindow masterindex action

I'll implement this in the next release (release 9).

Willot
November 6th, 2019, 22:06
I've found a way to just hide the actions sidebar button but keep the config still there. You'll be able to still open the actions list using the chat command \openwindow masterindex action

I'll implement this in the next release (release 9).

Cool..