PDA

View Full Version : Possible oversight or suggestion: Is Assets supposed to load everything?

StoryWeaver
November 4th, 2019, 04:20
I noticed tonight while looking over the Assets in my test campaign. That it seems as if it loads content from all modules in the modules folder, whether that module is active or not.

While this is good for portraits, tokens, images in the room data folder. I wonder if it's intended that it goes through all modules and loads from all of them during searches? Also this would add a lot of extra folders that might not be used during a campaign into the Assets section.

Upon thinking about it, it would be great if we had the option to load everything as it is now, or to have a campaign only load modules actually loaded into the Assets section. Both always including manually added files in any portraits, tokens and images folders. With the switch as a menu option.

This way, if people want to, they can streamline loading and decrease clutter of unwanted folders in the Assets section. Only seeing loaded modules and portraits, tokens, images folder content (in FG root data folder and campaign folder).

Or have access to everything as it is now.

Don't think I would want to be without either option. Both great in their own way. :)

Moon Wizard
November 4th, 2019, 04:59
Thanks for the feedback. The Assets view is supposed to show you all content you own, so you can pick and choose whatever you want. We may look at other enhancements in the future; but that's the plan for initial FGU release.

Regards,
JPG