PDA

View Full Version : Separate bank inventory?

Milke
November 3rd, 2019, 19:55
Is there a way already, or could a way be implemented on the to-do list, to keep a character's inventory of things not actually on his person? Like a bank inventory?

Willot
November 3rd, 2019, 20:03
You can sorta already do This

Be warned this is a dangerous road to go down

COZ when your player falls into a 20ft deep hole and you want to use your grappling hook to get out

Your DM may say "Oooooo.. Im sorry, it "appears" your grappling hook is on your horse. So sorry.." MUHahahAHAhahahahahahaah

:P
Unless you are a DM, in that case your loving it!

Milke
November 3rd, 2019, 20:35

Milke
November 3rd, 2019, 20:38
Well, I've got players that always want to keep a "party inventory," but when they're in the middle of combat, they want to use an item "they" have, and the person who wants to use it always says, "Well, my player would've been the one carrying that, so I'll just take it out of my pack and drink it."
Well... if you "would've been the one" carrying it, why not add it to your sheet? I'll tell you why. Because they want to have this nebulous inventory that any one of them can access at any time, without it adding weight to their character. Munchkins.
So, I want to have a list of things they own, but are not being carried on them.

Okay. I see. So I can just put the location of the item by the item. Okay, I'll see if I can figure that out. Now if I can just figure out where they keep their thousands of silver pieces. They never have their money on them, because it weighs too much. But every time they're somewhere, they always have their money on them to buy something.

Willot
November 3rd, 2019, 23:37
Make a Coin Item Called "Coin - Weight"

In the PF Rulebook it says 1000 coins is 1 bulk

If the players are carrying 2300 coins of various types make the "coin weight" Item bulk 2.3. I do make my Light items 0.1 instead of L so the weight is calculated (10 light make 1 bulk).

Some one wrote an extension for 5e that autocalculated this. But that wouldnt work here cause we dont use Grams

Alot of the DM work here is gonna be making sure the players are doing their house keeping

viresanimi
November 4th, 2019, 07:15
Players can always make another caracter and use its inventory as an off-caracter gear storage. Often called ''packmule'

rickyhunt
November 4th, 2019, 13:22
You can make a container in the inventory called Home. Then when you add an item that is not going to be carried, like the new heavy alchemy lab, put it in that Home container and change its status to not carried. That way you know that you own it, but it isn't carried for weight purposes. I usually call it ZHome, so that it sorts to the bottom of the inventory out of the way.

yarnevk
November 5th, 2019, 16:08
Use the party inventory sheet.

Though it is a bit annoying unlike treasure you cannot parcel out coins to PC inventory. But if all coins are community property it works fine, and the GM can adjust it whenever they are in his store. But the treasure items can be assigned to PCs who last claimed it. But I would rule if it is not claimed and on their sheet, that is back in the horses/wagon/room and they do not have.

For PC inventory they do not want to share, then their inventory sheet flag it as not carried and use a room container. You have to add inventory items for coins to store them in their room.