PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] LOS see through wall occluder

Allmight
November 3rd, 2019, 16:17
Encountered what looks like a LOS bug when working on Pathfinder 2 - AoA Hellknight Hill.

Was adding occluders to Citadel Altaerin when i noticed that i got LOS to the outside through a solid wall occluder.

I have double checked for any leakage, and even redid the whole wall section and terrain occluders with the same end result. It happens when i step back between the iron bars of the jail cells. If i step forward where they do not intefer, the leak goes away.
I have attached the XML file i work on for reference.

Zacchaeus
November 3rd, 2019, 16:47
I don't see an issue either with the file; but deleting that wall section and reapplying it fixes the issue.

Moon Wizard
November 4th, 2019, 08:15
Does this issue still occur in your current test campaign? If so, can I get the campaign folder zipped up, and tell me the name of the map affected. A specific example is always the best for figuring out issues.

Regards,
JPG

Allmight
November 4th, 2019, 08:32
It's a campaign i created just for doing LOS work for PFRPG2 Hellknight Hill. The only module loaded is Hellknight Hill.

The bug happens in the top left part of the map, in the Jail as shown on the pictures above.

MAP: Citadel Altaerin.

Allmight
November 4th, 2019, 08:38
I don't see an issue either with the file; but deleting that wall section and reapplying it fixes the issue.

Thats odd. I did delete and reapplied that wall section twice, but problem remained the same. Hmmmm.

Allmight
November 4th, 2019, 09:27
Okay, found the culprit.

Seems one of the jail bar wall occluders somehow caused the problem. I removed the corner one, just above the player and recreated it, and problem was gone.

Allmight
November 4th, 2019, 10:15
SIGH!

Correction, bug is back. I removed ALL bars in the jail, redrew ALL walls and ALL occluders in the jail and neighbouring areas, but to no avail.
There are several leaks when moving around the jail cell area, as hinted by the screenshot.

I'll attach even the newer, updated campaign.

Allmight
November 4th, 2019, 10:31
Okay. Seems i finally found a workaround. I added a wall occluder around the borders of the map, and the problem went away.

I'll attach the working campaign folder, just in case.

So to recap, map is still the same as the one that was leaking, just with an added border around the extents of the map.

Moon Wizard
November 5th, 2019, 21:25
Thanks for the follow-up, and testing. I've filed as FGU-677.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
November 6th, 2019, 23:28
Just pushed a new build that should address. Can you test in your example above with the latest update?

Thanks,
JPG

Allmight
November 7th, 2019, 10:20
Yes, seems like this fix squashed the bug. No more leakage :)

Good work.