PDA

View Full Version : FG Classic Running and can see on taskbar... but where is it?

The Hawk and Sparrow
November 3rd, 2019, 15:23
Hello. I am running Windows 10 and have 8G RAM and plenty of processor power. Just after installing FG Unity and messing around with that for a while, I went back to prepare for this weekend's game on Classic. I fired it up as I normally would. It appeared on the task bar. Task manager shows it is running via the processes tab. But the dashboard is not popping up. When I hover over the icon on the task bar it shows just a white box... I can't use that to bring it up. I don't have multiple monitors going. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it last night. I am still getting the same issue. Not sure what to do. Help! Thanks y'all. Again, this is a FG Classic issue. I mentioned Unity because it started occuring after loading that. Thanks.

LordEntrails
November 3rd, 2019, 16:44
I havent had problems switching back and forth with FGC and FGU but have seen issue like you describe with other programs.

Cant recall the solution if a full computer restart doesnt work. Try right mouse on the task bar and see if restore works.

The Hawk and Sparrow
November 3rd, 2019, 18:13
Just completed the successful restore. Still seeing FG Classic running... but still at the same spot. Not sure what to do. Ideas?

Moon Wizard
November 3rd, 2019, 20:51
I haven't seen this before, so not sure.

* Did you install FGC and FGU in different data folders? They're supposed to by default; and installing them over top of each other could cause issues.
* Try renaming some of the folders within the FGC data folder (i.e. tokens, modules, extensions, etc.) to see if that allows it to load.
* Did you change resolutions between launches? Perhaps FG is off screen somehow. (You can try clearing the WindowPos key in the registry if you're feeling adventurous.)

Regards,
JPG

The Hawk and Sparrow
November 4th, 2019, 00:25
here is what I got after renaming data folders / reloading. 29903

and this... 29904

any ideas?

dberkompas
November 4th, 2019, 01:11
Put your mouse over the icon on the task bar, hold down shift and right click. Select move and you should be able to move the window that you can't see.

Yes, very strange indeed.

There's a way to do it with the keyboard as well, google it.

Dave