PDA

View Full Version : Question on Reach Adventure 2: Theories of Everything

Amatiste
November 3rd, 2019, 02:06
I am getting ready to start this, and after reading it, I see that an event literally stops the mission. This is the printed end of the module. As a Game Master, how many people then flesh out the rest of the mission and continue it? I am using this on Fantasy Grounds.

MadBeardMan
November 3rd, 2019, 19:43
I am getting ready to start this, and after reading it, I see that an event literally stops the mission. This is the printed end of the module. As a Game Master, how many people then flesh out the rest of the mission and continue it? I am using this on Fantasy Grounds.

Hello,

I'm not understanding what you mean by 'an event literally stops the mission.', this is true for any adventure, players can always do the unexpected, so what I tend to do, is if they are about to fail something in such a way that things come to an end, I'll either warn them, or make sure it doesn't happen.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
November 3rd, 2019, 20:01
Reach 2 sets up a certain expectation of a lengthy journey but then the module just sort of ends things without completing the anticipated journey. As a ref you have a choice here, finish up the journey with your own custom ideas or assume the journey continues on without incident and finish up and move on to another adventure. Traveller modules often require a lot of fleshing out from the referee, they expect that you will expand and add and make the adventures your own.