PDA

View Full Version : Hosting issues

ansar0
November 3rd, 2019, 01:54
It seams like you cant seam to host a game after hosting one, the cloud server keep it online for "what ever" reason. only time this seams to fix is when i complain about it here. But if I don't say anything it will be online for an hour. Can't connect to it. Can't take it offline myself. What is the fix to this?

Lou Ciphor
November 3rd, 2019, 01:57
Having the same problem. Lobby shows my host is active after being offline and logged out for several hours. When I try to host, it says a session with my name already exists. Unable to clear it from my end.

Zacchaeus
November 3rd, 2019, 01:00
If your game closed unexpectedly then the game is not being cleared from the lobby. It is a known issue. Switch to local and you will be able to start a campaign or load an existing one.

Lou Ciphor
November 3rd, 2019, 01:32
No dice. Still shows me actively hosting in the lobby. It's been nearly 6 hours now...

Lou Ciphor
November 3rd, 2019, 02:02
I have tried the above suggestion. System has been rebooted multiple times. I can load a local host, but cannot do anything with the cloud.

Zacchaeus
November 3rd, 2019, 13:05
I have tried the above suggestion. System has been rebooted multiple times. I can load a local host, but cannot do anything with the cloud.

No dice. Still shows me actively hosting in the lobby. It's been nearly 6 hours now...

Indeed, the rogue game won't clear from the cloud until the issue is fixed at some point.

I have now got 4 such games on the cloud but I can still open a cloud game - I don't know why particularly but it works. As I said however you can still use local.

Moon Wizard
November 4th, 2019, 07:43
@Lou Ciphor,
I've cleared the cloud server with your name on it. As Zacchaeus mentioned, we are aware of some issues with the cloud servers. We'll be looking at these before we announce testing for live play.

@ansar0,
The cloud servers usually clear up after everyone drops, or after 5 minutes of inactivity. However, we have had a few lingering ones like Lou's. I did not see a lingering server for you; so you can try again.

Regards,
JPG

VinAlanson
November 4th, 2019, 12:24
I am having the same issue.
Hosting a game. Set to Live. Keep getting "Unable to connect to host - Unable to start cloud game server. A server is already registered to your user name."

Also. In 'Settings'/'Basic', my password is not remembered when I go to 'Log In'. Some other password is in there ... I don't know what the string is ... so I have to enter my password in every time before I 'Log In'. I click 'Save' every time.

I've read the thread but do not understand a couple of things.
Where is the 'Lobby'?
How do you switch to 'Local'?
How can I clear the cloud server?

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2019, 12:48
The Lobby is the start screen when you start or load a campaign.
See the attached for where to switch between cloud and local
You can't clear the cloud server; it should clear itself but as noted above it isn't doing so.

usstitans
November 4th, 2019, 13:33
"If your game closed unexpectedly then the game is not being cleared from the lobby. It is a known issue. Switch to local and you will be able to start a campaign or load an existing one."

I have attempted restarting and I have shut down my computer over night, this issue persists. Can you remove me from the active server list so I can continue to work on this campaign until there is a fix? I appreciate it.

notrealdan
November 4th, 2019, 17:46
Also. In 'Settings'/'Basic', my password is not remembered when I go to 'Log In'. Some other password is in there ... I don't know what the string is ... so I have to enter my password in every time before I 'Log In'. I click 'Save' every time.

This part is a known issue. The good news is that you don't have to go in to go in there and log in every time for normal use. You only have to log in once, unless you changed your password on this site.

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2019, 19:21
"If your game closed unexpectedly then the game is not being cleared from the lobby. It is a known issue. Switch to local and you will be able to start a campaign or load an existing one."

I have attempted restarting and I have shut down my computer over night, this issue persists. Can you remove me from the active server list so I can continue to work on this campaign until there is a fix? I appreciate it.

Can you start a Local server?

usstitans
November 4th, 2019, 20:43
Can you start a Local server?

Yes but I was trying to log my second laptop into a game via the cloud to see how it was done. The local works but cloud has the message stating I am already using a server. Is there a way to resettle server issue on my end to allow me to log back in?

Trenloe
November 4th, 2019, 21:20
Yes but I was trying to log my second laptop into a game via the cloud to see how it was done. The local works but cloud has the message stating I am already using a server. Is there a way to resettle server issue on my end to allow me to log back in?
Just run the campaign as a local server and connect your second laptop using the local IP address. No need to use the cloud if the player computer is on the same network as the GM.

VinAlanson
November 5th, 2019, 10:57
Thanks for that.

VinAlanson
November 5th, 2019, 10:58
The Lobby is the start screen when you start or load a campaign.
See the attached for where to switch between cloud and local
You can't clear the cloud server; it should clear itself but as noted above it isn't doing so.

Thank for that.

WhiteAgony19
November 6th, 2019, 07:12
I'm having the same issue. I started my cloud campaign a few days ago, and at the moment I am only able to play locally. If I try to connect to the cloud server it states that a server is already running on my name. It happened after a crash, so I assume it's the same problem as everyone.

Trenloe
November 6th, 2019, 15:02
I'm having the same issue. I started my cloud campaign a few days ago, and at the moment I am only able to play locally. If I try to connect to the cloud server it states that a server is already running on my name. It happened after a crash, so I assume it's the same problem as everyone.
Welcome to the FG forums. This is the known issue mentioned in post #3.

daggerfortysix
December 17th, 2019, 00:31
Ugh, I am not able to get into my campaign and am getting the same error that started this thread. It won't connect in Cloud or Local. I restarted my MacBook and then let my computer sit for about 5 hours and still get the error. Any chance a fix or another suggestion for a workaround has been figured out for this? If someone has the ability to clear the private cloud server game listed under daggerfortysix, I'd appreciate it.

Moon Wizard
December 17th, 2019, 03:15
I just restarted the lobby server, and killed any game servers running for more than one day (including yours).

We're still trying to figure out the Mac local server issue. As I asked in the other hosting thread, are you familiar enough with Macs to re-order the network card priority? I'd like to see if that makes a difference for local servers.

Thanks,
JPG

daggerfortysix
December 18th, 2019, 00:41
Thanks for doing that, it’s working now. I’m not sure if I know how to reorder the network card priority, but I’ll Take a look at that.

Zwergenmauer
December 24th, 2019, 11:45
I have been trying to log in to run the demo version in the cloud, and am being told that a server is already linked to my user name. I have logged out properly, but the server must not think so. This has been past a few days now. I was able to switch to local and do some testing just fine. If someone can steer me into what I can do to get the cloud server working for me again, I'd be grateful. Thanks in advance.

usstitans
December 24th, 2019, 12:05
I have been trying to log in to run the demo version in the cloud, and am being told that a server is already linked to my user name. I have logged out properly, but the server must not think so. This has been past a few days now. I was able to switch to local and do some testing just fine. If someone can steer me into what I can do to get the cloud server working for me again, I'd be grateful. Thanks in advance.

I had this same issue previously. It took forever but the FG team had to reset my username. I doubt this will occur until at least after the holidays as I do not believe they are in office. Sorry for the bad news. I hope they get yours fixed quicker than mine.

Merry Christmas bud.

LordEntrails
December 24th, 2019, 18:43
Known issue, that the cloud server is not clearing itself. This is currently being done manually by the staff. But as said, this may not happen until next week given the holidays.

Moon Wizard
December 27th, 2019, 20:56
I've cleared all cloud servers running for more than 8 hours. I'm in for a day or two between travelling, but still on vacation technically.

Regards,
JPG

daggerfortysix
December 29th, 2019, 15:49
If someone is around to clear servers running for more than 8 hours, I'd appreciate it. I look forward to [FGU-788] - Local server not working on Mac getting solved.

Moon Wizard
December 30th, 2019, 00:11
I just cleared game servers running more than 8 hours. Please note that I will be out of town Mon-Thurs this week (as I am supposed to be on family vacation); so I won't be able to clear them again until I return.

Regards,
JPG

snowsiff22
January 3rd, 2020, 01:00
Any chance of the game servers being cleared on Friday, January 3rd? I've had mine stuck in limbo for a few days.

jlabbe
January 3rd, 2020, 14:00
My server is in limbo as well. Could you please clear it?
Thx

Moon Wizard
January 6th, 2020, 07:29
I've been checking in and clearing servers about once a day over the last few days. Anything longer than 8 hours gets reset.

Cheers,
JPG

Copernicus219
January 18th, 2020, 17:49
Any way to clear the cloud server so I can run my game this evening?

Copernicus219
January 18th, 2020, 19:13
Any way to clear the cloud server so I can run my game this evening?

Looks like it came off. So if someone cleared it, I thank you. :)

Copernicus219
January 18th, 2020, 21:14
Lost internet connection briefly and locked me out of the server again. :cry: This seems like a bug that's been around for awhile. I hope it is fixed soon.

Oguthrie
January 21st, 2020, 05:17
Thanks for your work and updates in this area. My cloud hosting option appears to be choked up as well.

I am running a newer mac book pro and the local hosting option seems to not be working - as reported. If it would help, let me know what I might do to prioritize the network card connections if that would be helpful for troubleshooting.

I'm fairly capable.

g0ntzal
January 21st, 2020, 07:31
Thanks for doing that, it’s working now. I’m not sure if I know how to reorder the network card priority, but I’ll Take a look at that.

Open System Preferences from the  Apple menu, then go to the “Network” panel.
Click on lock icon to unlock the settings.
Click the gear icon in the lower area of the networking panel and choose “Set Service Priority” from the drop down menu.
Then you can drag every network interface to rearrange the priority.

Nemesismmx
February 1st, 2020, 06:07
Can anyone clear my server? I have no other way of using the app since I'm on a Mac and Local server is not working either.

Thanks

Moon Wizard
February 1st, 2020, 07:18
I've cleared the servers older than 8 hours.

Regards,
JPG

Fargen
February 15th, 2020, 14:11
I'm trying to host a server in the cloud just for testing and it refuses to show up.

Moon Wizard
February 15th, 2020, 20:26
The latest version of FGU uses a completely different network solution. Make sure that you are not running in Free mode; and that you are logged into your FG account in the FGU settings.

Regards,
JPG

Copernicus219
February 15th, 2020, 22:27
I am now receiving the attached error message. I wasn't before the latest update.
[2/15/2020 4:43:08 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
[2/15/2020 4:43:18 PM] [NOTICE] Starting cloud server mode. [Copernicus219]
[2/15/2020 4:43:18 PM] [NOTICE] Starting cloud server mode. [Copernicus219]
[2/15/2020 4:43:22 PM] [NOTICE] Game server started. [68.183.117.123:64438]
[2/15/2020 4:43:22 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene exiting.
[2/15/2020 4:43:22 PM] [NOTICE] Tabletop scene starting.
[2/15/2020 4:47:05 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
[2/15/2020 4:48:28 PM] [NOTICE] Client connected. Waiting for authorization. [1]
[2/15/2020 4:48:28 PM] [NOTICE] 'Enthropy' connected
[2/15/2020 4:51:32 PM] [NOTICE] Campaign saved.
[2/15/2020 4:56:33 PM] [NOTICE] Campaign saved.
[2/15/2020 5:01:33 PM] [NOTICE] Campaign saved.
[2/15/2020 5:06:34 PM] [NOTICE] Campaign saved.
[2/15/2020 5:11:34 PM] [NOTICE] Campaign saved.
[2/15/2020 5:16:35 PM] [NOTICE] Campaign saved.
[2/15/2020 5:21:35 PM] [NOTICE] Campaign saved.
[2/15/2020 5:23:54 PM] [NOTICE] Fatal network engine error occurred. [Lost connection to relay server]
[2/15/2020 5:23:54 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Game server connection was lost. Please return to launcher, and start game again.
[2/15/2020 5:26:37 PM] [NOTICE] Campaign saved.

Moon Wizard
February 15th, 2020, 22:44
I have a ticket into the network library provider to be able to customize the timeouts on the relay servers. Currently, they time out after a half hour or so of inactivity.

Regards,
JPG

commsisko
January 4th, 2022, 23:39
Is there a form for clearing a hung server, apparently I had a power outage and now cannot open the game after testing last night.

Trenloe
January 5th, 2022, 00:01
Is there a form for clearing a hung server, apparently I had a power outage and now cannot open the game after testing last night.
FGU is the server, so assuming that your computer has restarted as part of the power outage there can't be an FGU hung server. What is the exact issue and/or error message you're getting?