PDA

View Full Version : New Campaign (Greyhawk)

calvinNhobbes
November 12th, 2006, 19:46
Hey all,
I'm just about done with my first FG adventure. It is based in the Greyhawk setting using the Living Greyhawk Gazeteer, with any smaller details filled in with homebrew stuff. I'm looking for 4-5 players who want to give it a go.
Setting: Greyhawk
Books: Core Only (Only books I have)
Starting Level: 1st (28 point buy)
DM style: Even mix of roleplaying and combat. Prefer creative and descriptive players.
Game time: Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. 8-11pm EST.
If we get a group going I plan on expanding it into a full campaign. Post here if interested or PM.
Peace,
calvinNhobbes

LostTribe
November 13th, 2006, 00:29
Sign me up for the game Calvin if you get enough people. Will wait to see how many we get before choosing a character.

LT

calvinNhobbes
November 13th, 2006, 00:40
Cool LostTribe. If I get enough interest I'll post the game on the calendar and give ya an invite.
cNh.

Armolle
November 13th, 2006, 18:12
Count me in! Can you tell us a bit about the setting so we can get working on our characters :)

VarnFury
November 13th, 2006, 19:11
Im game for it.

kblanford
November 13th, 2006, 19:25
I would be interested, although I Can not play on wed. Let me know. KWB

calvinNhobbes
November 13th, 2006, 20:00
Alright cool, we got enough interest. I will put the game on the calendar and give invites and post additional game info there.

Zangeon
November 14th, 2006, 14:13
Hy,
I'm absolutly new to the pen and paper world but i'm very willing and eager to learn.So if you can stand a newbie in your party just gimme a shout or somethin'.

LostTribe
November 14th, 2006, 14:28
Nice to see we have so much interest. Monday or Tuesday is good for me since kb is unavailable for Wednesdays.

LT

calvinNhobbes
November 14th, 2006, 15:04
Hy,
I'm absolutly new to the pen and paper world but i'm very willing and eager to learn.So if you can stand a newbie in your party just gimme a shout or somethin'.
Hi Zangeon,
We already have a full group. However, it is my experience that eventually people have other commitments and can't start or continue the campaign. If someone drops I will invite you ASAP to join. I have no problem with new players (I am new to 3.5 D&D as well), but in the mean time I recommend learning the players hand book backwards and forwards.
EDIT: Also Zangeon, I see you are in Romania. I'm not sure on the time difference, but the game will be 8-11pm Eastern US time zone, which I think would be very early morning for you. Just something to keep in mind.

slowsnake
November 15th, 2006, 05:18
Hello CalvinNobbes. Seeing your listing looking for players, I,m interested in joining if room is left? Your time and days are noproblem for me. I have been using FG for over ayear, so good there. Are you using a voice program ie teamspeak, yahoo or others. I ask begas my typing is to slow for games. The DM's I have been playing with use voice programs. If so give me reply. David thanks for your time. [email protected]

calvinNhobbes
November 15th, 2006, 14:30
Hey slowsnake,
I do not use a voice chat for my games. I actually prefer typing even though it is slower because I think it adds to the roleplaying.
Currently we have a full game, but a couple players haven't fully committed. If I don't hear from them by the end of the week. I will send out additional invites. I do not plan on having the first full game session until the Monday or Tuesday after Thanksgiving since many people will be out of town next week.
Let me know if you are still interested even though we will not be using a voice chat.
cNh

LostTribe
November 15th, 2006, 15:52
Even if you type slow I dont think it matters too much. In combat you can usually start typing ahead of time what you will be doing while others are doing their actions. Same thing goes with dialogue between players and NPCs.

From an RP stance it could branch off into many different reasons:
Quiet type only choosing to speak when you are spoken too
Sullen and moody.
Introspective
Slow thinking
etc.

Whatever the case I dont think it should affect the flow of the game.

LT

slowsnake
November 16th, 2006, 03:12
Hi, CalvinNhobbes. thanks for the reply. But I will have to pass on the game. Do the the disored I have, I try to find games that use a voice program. If you go voice at another time, gave me a reply. Thanks for your time. David

Russeth
November 16th, 2006, 07:04
I would like you to consider my name as well for your game Calvin. I am most interested in your game and have a lot of free time as it is. Keep that in mind once you have an opening, you can send me a PM on here for more information or if you want to know different ways to communicate with me.

Thanks!