PDA

View Full Version : Unable to start cloud game (server already registered with your user name)

celestian
November 2nd, 2019, 07:43
I've been getting this for about 2 days now. I've got around it by just running a local game... tho I'd like to figure out a way to sort it out.

"Unable to connect to host - Unable to start cloud game server. A server is already registered to your user name."

For a time cloud game hosting worked but once I started getting this error I've not been able to since.

https://i.imgur.com/OsOifth.png

Moon Wizard
November 4th, 2019, 06:13
The cloud servers will still need some refinement. They are currently set to close when the number of connected users goes to zero; or 5 minutes of inactivity pass. From reports I've gotten so far, it looks like it may need some adjustments to how cloud servers are managed.

Since we're not ready for live play yet, it's going to be a little while until I work on cloud server items.

Regards,
JPG

brjemmet
December 2nd, 2019, 03:15
Does this require someone monitoring for idle cloud servers and releasing them manually for the time being?

Moon Wizard
December 2nd, 2019, 07:33
Yes, for now, it's a manual process.

We've been focusing on blocking issues for using products in the catalog as we add 100-200 products each week, as well as making sure that people can build LOS for existing maps as well as that LOS working. We are working on moving towards gameplay items, but the focus is primarily on player-GM synchronization issues. The cloud server fixes will come after that.

Regards,
JPG

brjemmet
December 3rd, 2019, 13:00
If the cloud server is hung, we can't work on LOS for existing maps or am I misunderstanding something? I've been unable to connect for almost 5 days now and haven't been able to do anything since which means I, nor anyone else in the same predicament, can provide any feedback. As an intermediate step, could there be a scheduled maintenance everyday where all servers are released?

Trenloe
December 3rd, 2019, 13:02
If the cloud server is hung, we can't work on LOS for existing maps or am I misunderstanding something?
Change the campaign to local.

"Cloud" server doesn't store data in the cloud - all campaign data is still stored on your hard drive. "Cloud" just means that the player connections will be proxied via the cloud to work around port forwarding and other networking issues.

brjemmet
December 3rd, 2019, 13:47
This might be where I'm misunderstanding how things work but how do I interact with my campaign data located at AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns with out using the Host Campaign button?

Trenloe
December 3rd, 2019, 13:48
This might be where I'm misunderstanding how things work but how do I interact with my campaign data located at AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns with out using the Host Campaign button?
You still use the host campaign button, but change the "Server Type" in your campaign details (before loading) to be "local" not "cloud".

brjemmet
December 3rd, 2019, 13:56
When I use local, I get an error "Unable to connect to host - Unable to connect to game server. Verify network access, and try again." If I'm understanding the forums correctly, this is still requiring port forwarding? If that is correct, that is the whole reason I jumped on FGU because after a couple years I still haven't gotten port forwarding to work...

Trenloe
December 3rd, 2019, 14:01
When I use local, I get an error "Unable to connect to host - Unable to connect to game server. Verify network access, and try again."
When is that error occurring? When you're trying to load the campaign as the GM or trying to connect to the campaign as a player?

If I'm understanding the forums correctly, this is still requiring port forwarding? If that is correct, that is the whole reason I jumped on FGU because after a couple years I still haven't gotten port forwarding to work...
Yes, correct. My response to you above was replying to your specific issue: "If the cloud server is hung, we can't work on LOS for existing maps..." Changing the server to local will allow you to load it (as the GM) and work on campaign prep/LOS and give feedback on the GM side of FG (which is where we're at in the BETA testing) and was your main complaint in post #5.

brjemmet
December 3rd, 2019, 14:26
I get the "Unable to connect to host - Unable to connect to game server. Verify network access, and try again" error when I try to host a campaign as the GM with the local option. 30612

Kelrugem
December 3rd, 2019, 14:38
I get the "Unable to connect to host - Unable to connect to game server. Verify network access, and try again" error when I try to host a campaign as the GM with the local option. 30612

What happens when you define the campaign as private instead of public?

brjemmet
December 3rd, 2019, 16:03
What happens when you define the campaign as private instead of public?

That worked. Thank you!!

Kelrugem
December 3rd, 2019, 16:56
That worked. Thank you!!

You're welcome :)