PDA

View Full Version : I may not have noticed can someone verify?

Larsenex
November 1st, 2019, 23:48
If you affect a target with the Frightened condition.

That target has it's checks and DC's affected by the level of Frightened. Thus if your Fighter intimidates the target with 'Frightened 1'

The Targets AC, To hit, and all checks are lowered by 1.

If Fantasy Grounds correctly applying this condition?

kaernunnos
November 2nd, 2019, 00:37
The character sheet won't change, but when an attack is tolled you will see something like Def effect -1 in the attack roll if it's working

Larsenex
November 2nd, 2019, 03:15
Ok thanks but if the affected target is attacked its AC should be lower by the frightened value. Is that working?

kaernunnos
November 2nd, 2019, 04:57
It should. I don't have access to my computer to test or get an example pic right now, but effects on a character are never shown as alterations on the character sheet. The only way to see if it is affecting a character properly is to roll an attack on them and see if there is some extra information shown in the attack modifier in chat. Flat footed does work, so you can use that effect to see how it modifies the roll to know what to expect.

kaernunnos
November 2nd, 2019, 10:18
Ok, loaded up the demo to test it out, it does work. 29836 As you can see, I rolled an attack, then added the condition and rolled again. the [DEF EFFECTS-1] is how you know the condition is modifying the AC of the target properly.