PDA

View Full Version : Long Delay/lag when opening Content menus

DnDDM2015
October 31st, 2019, 22:49
When clicking to open content menus (i.e. Maps/Images, Items, Encounters), there is a very long delay. This is most notable when opening NPCs, Items, and Maps where the lag/delay can be 10-30 seconds. Other items exhibit a much shorter delay, ranging of no more than a few seconds. It seems to only occur on 1st load of each item, with subsequent clicking opening the menus almost immediately. I've restarted my system, restarted FGU, and each time I initially open menus, this occurs. I've experienced this in both a new, empty OOTA campaign as well as my current OOTA campaign copied from my FGC data folder. Only official modules downloaded through the updater are loaded.

Have tried it on 2 systems now, and I can reproduce this on both systems. The more powerful system has FGU and data folders installed to a ramdisk, so it's not a disk-lag related issue.

LordEntrails
November 1st, 2019, 04:32
Performance is a known issue. Don't know if this specific aspect has been mentioned yet though. SW is looking into general performance and loading issues as a high priority.

Moon Wizard
November 3rd, 2019, 21:01
This depends heavily on how many records you have loaded into the system based on modules. We are aware of performance issues related to lots of module information loaded (both speed and memory), and we'll be working through them during the beta. For now, we suggest reducing the amount of content you have open to allow you to test other features.

Regards,
JPG