PDA

View Full Version : Updater Crash Error

Inoto
October 31st, 2019, 21:02
I didn't install any of the desktop or start menu shortcuts so I open the program by going into it's file location and running the FantasyGrounds.exe.
Opening it today, the "Check for Updates" button was highlighted in red. I clicked it, hit yes on the admin allowance window, the launcher closed and nothing happened.

So I then tried to directly open the updater by running the FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe and the admin window pops up, upon clicking yes there is a little load icon on the mouse pointer and nothing happens.

Is there a work around to get updates?

Inoto
October 31st, 2019, 23:19
I have since been able to update, but I had to go back and start the FGU installer, select the same destination folders, and upon completion it launches the updater and only updates the files it doesn't find.
Not a great solution, but for others with this issue, this will work.

LordEntrails
November 1st, 2019, 04:37
You shouldn't have to run as admin. Check folder permissions on your install and data folders.

Inoto
November 1st, 2019, 06:15
It's a good idea, but after giving permissions to all users and applications to perform all activities it still requires the "Allow this application to..." window confirmation and I assume the updater insta-crashes as nothing shows up.

LordEntrails
November 1st, 2019, 06:50
(after permissions set) Check the shortcut/application properties and make sure "Run as Administrator" is not checked.

Arjan
November 1st, 2019, 14:10
I experience the same problem.

LordEntrails
November 1st, 2019, 18:04
I experience the same problem.
Did you install as Admin? Have you check folder permissions? Did you disable "Run as admin"?

Arjan
November 2nd, 2019, 12:47
I did not install as Admin, and did not change folder permissions.
I did however try to load a campaign ( copied it from normal fantasy grounds). This failed, and the problems with the update started after this. I do not know if there are related.
I decided to remove the installation, and run the installation process again. After the new installation, the updater is working correctly.