PDA

View Full Version : Host Campaign Extensions Scrollbar

Moriarity
October 31st, 2019, 16:37
The scrollbar in the Extensions selection box automatically scrolls back to the to of the list when you use the mouse scroll wheel or drag the scrollbar down to view additional extensions. Clicking on an extension then using then using the scroll wheel or dragging the scrollbar seems to work though - so long as you remember to un-select the extension you clicked to get it working...

I haven't enough campaigns in my campaign directory to see if this also affects the "Select Campaign" selection box.

Intel Core i7 running 64-bit Windows 10 fully updated and patched on a 2Tb SSD with 16Gb RAM and an NVidia GeForce RTX 2070 graphics card.

LordEntrails
November 1st, 2019, 03:51
I can't reproduce. I've tried with existing and new campaigns.

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this... :(
I'm running Win 7 pro SP1, nVidia Quatro K1100

Can anyone with Win 10 or an RTX 2070 test this and see if they can reproduce?

Moriarity
November 1st, 2019, 19:15
Update.... I only noticed this on the Export Module dialogue but, after re-loading and going back through various dialogs, the issue of 'scroll-back' happens on every scrollable dialog - even the lobby. As usual, if I hover over the contents of the scroll-box the mouse scroll wheel works as expected but if I try drag the sidebar down to show more of the scroll-box entries, the dialogue immediately fights the mouse and scrolls back to the top of the list. Weird.... BTW, I'm using a Logitech wireless mouse - but I've also tried it wired and it's still the same.

Grommit57
November 1st, 2019, 19:34
I can't reproduce this either. I'm running Win10 with a GTX1070

LordEntrails
November 1st, 2019, 20:20
Moriarty, I've seen this before on other apps in years past... I'm trying to remember the solution. I'm using a Logitech mouse as well. But maybe a mouse driver or setting is the problem. I'm at a loss though.

Moriarity
November 16th, 2019, 13:33
Update... Given the clue that something similar has been seen before, I spent some time removing various hardware and software elements on my system. Turns out that it's the Logitech (nee Saitek) X56 HOTAS Profiler running in the background that causes the issue with scroll-back. I don't know which is at fault - FGU, Unity or the X56 background app. I haven't checked if it's a specific X56 configuration (mine is set up for Elite Dangerous) and don't have any similar issues on any other application but, for now, a workaround for anyone that also has this problem is to disable the X56 Profiler in the Start-up tab on Task Manager.