PDA

View Full Version : Editing a map, when i press ENTER key the lines i created disappears

Henrique Oliveira Machado
October 31st, 2019, 04:28
As title says, when i was editing a map, adding walls and doors, when i press ENTER to end a wall, all lines i've created are saving to another map i opened earlier.
First i thought the lines disappeared, but later i realized that when i CTRL+Z, the other map opens and the walls are located there.

Map i was editing was xontal tower's dungeon in Rise of Tiamat. When i press ENTER, all lines i've created goes to the Well of Dragons map that i've been reading before.

MORE INFO: Reproducing the error:

I acomplished on reproducing it three times doing the following steps:

Just opened a map. closed it down.
Opened another map, unlocked and started to build the walls for LOS normally.
After pressing enter the lines created will be transfered to the first map i opened.

It seems FGU is having dificulty detecting where we at and what we are doing there, since the problem seems to be related with the other FX problems i and other people has encountered, like adding FX into layers while building walls, etc.
I'm not a programmer, but i think when we click on "walls" button it should stop doing changes in FX, for example, and it should always detect what image are we editing with some primary key of sort.

Gonne test it a little more tonight.

LordEntrails
October 31st, 2019, 07:25
This sounds like some of the other map layer/effects issues, but I don't think it's been given a number yet.

Henrique Oliveira Machado
October 31st, 2019, 11:02
Didnt see it on known errors.

LordEntrails
November 1st, 2019, 03:35
Didnt see it on known errors.
Not directly (thanks for checking Known Items by the way) but I think reading some of the other map issues it's related. Seems their is significant behavior around maps, layers, and FXs that are all probably related. Never hurts to add more info.

Also, I think Moon pushed an update today/yesterday, make sure you keep updating FGU :)

Moon Wizard
November 3rd, 2019, 21:19
I believe this was addressed in the Thursday update, as I can not recreate at this time. If you can still recreate, please let us know.

Regards,
JPG