PDA

View Full Version : Updater Login fails

greenzr
October 31st, 2019, 02:15
My goal is to add modules to FGU to test Pathfinder module Iron Gods maps and tokens.
The libraries have not been imported. In fact, everything is as it comes installed, meaning no modules or anything have been added.
The log says no purchases have been found. I would assume this means it can't find my assets via Paizo. So I got to the settings section to verify my activation key and login credentials. The key says it's valid every time. The username and password always fails. I know my password, so I type that in, click verify, and it works. Click save. Go back to settings to see if it saved, and it says it's invalid every time.

I can't seem to get my credentials to save in the settings section. I know my credentials, the ones I've used to log in here, and it recognizes them as correct, but won't save them.

I have verified the Paizo is linked. The webpage always shows the correct assets sending to and from Paizo from purchases info.

LordEntrails
October 31st, 2019, 07:28
Welcome!

Known Item. Not all DLC has yet been made available. Of the 1200+ items, only about 100 are currently available. This is mentioned in the stickies at the top of this thread. You might wish to read those if you haven't, it will help you save time figuring out things that are not yet working/done.

greenzr
October 31st, 2019, 12:52
Welcome!

Known Item. Not all DLC has yet been made available. Of the 1200+ items, only about 100 are currently available. This is mentioned in the stickies at the top of this thread. You might wish to read those if you haven't, it will help you save time figuring out things that are not yet working/done.

Ironically,I feel like you didn't read about my issue. I know content isn't available yet. I read the stickies. You might want to read about the problem I reported.

Here it is again: the updater doesn't save my credentials. Is that a known item? If so, how does the updater know whether the content you own is one of the ones that are currently available?

LordEntrails
November 1st, 2019, 03:41
Sorry about that. I'll try to make sure I understand better before replying.

Is it your FG or Paizo credentials that are not being saved? I'm not clear on that :)

I'm not sure how the updater works in detail, but I can assume... (yes I know how its spelled!) it links back to the SmiteWorks servers and then they filter content owned versus content available and then download what's available.

notrealdan
November 1st, 2019, 03:51
One issue that was sort of acknowledged for investigation (though I don't think it's been given a bug # yet, I recall one or two conversations about it somewhere here) was that the settings box in the updater will always say your login creds are invalid unless you enter them right then.

If you save valid creds, close the Settings box, reopen, and then simply click "Log In" it will say your creds are invalid. They really are valid, but something about that Settings box seems to be either reporting it incorrectly or not actually using the saved creds correctly. Regardless, the updater still works and uses your creds correctly, regardless. This seems to be mainly a cosmetic, though annoying issue. Once you enter your creds there once, unless you change your password on website, you don't need to re-login in the Settings box.

As LE said earlier, very little content is actually available in FGU so far, and most of it seems to be D&D 5e content. They did that on purpose to try to reduce the load on the update servers. It's likely your Paizo stuff just isn't included yet. I think I saw someone say your could manually copy content over from FGC if you have it downloaded there, but I haven't tried that and YMMV.

greenzr
November 1st, 2019, 15:06
Is it your FG or Paizo credentials that are not being saved? I'm not clear on that :)

The same credentials I use to log in here, which I think would be FG credentials.

greenzr
November 1st, 2019, 15:21
Before I created this, I tested your hypothesis. The log shows that the credentials are not valid and that there are 0 items in the store. I found this by following the log progress, and the hash that it uses for my password gets rejected. I just recreated it:

-----Settings-----
License: REDACTED
Username: greenzr
App Path: C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds
Data Path: C:\Users\green\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\
Channel: Live
-----------------

1 Response received:

{"channels":[{"channelID":"1","channelName":"Live"},{"channelID":"2","channelName":"Test"},{"channelID":"3","channelName":"Dev"},{"channelID":"6","channelName":"Prev"}]}
2 Response received: <response>
<failure />
</response>

3 Response received: <response>
<success />
<cookiehash>95b23721f0441ccb22ce6c8cfbde5975</cookiehash>
</response>

4 Response received:

{"channels":[{"channelID":"1","channelName":"Live"},{"channelID":"2","channelName":"Test"},{"channelID":"3","channelName":"Dev"},{"channelID":"6","channelName":"Prev"}]}
5 Response received: <response>
<failure />
</response>

Moon Wizard
November 4th, 2019, 05:40
Thanks. I've filed as issue FGU-646. I may need to have Ryan, who works on the updater, send you a PM to figure out what is unique about your login that might be causing an issue.

Regards,
JPG

redeyesofnight
November 6th, 2019, 15:56
I've followed up via PM

Sorry you've been having troubles, I hope we can resolve your issues as soon as possible!

Thanks,
--Ryan--

atomicMonkey
April 29th, 2020, 04:18
I seem to be having this same exact issue:

-----Settings-----
License: ******************
Username: atomicMonkey
App Path: C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds
Data Path: C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\
Channel: Live
-----------------

1 Response received:

2 Response received:

3 Response received: <response>
<failure />
</response>

4 Response received: <response>
<success />
<cookiehash>528fed9b707b38f0bd718ed122c7f6a9</cookiehash>
</response>

5 Response received:

6 Response received: <response>
<failure />
</response>

Any known resolution?

greenzr
April 29th, 2020, 14:04
atomicMonkey-
Change your password here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/profile.php?do=editpassword), then update your credentials in the FG:U updater. Let us know if that works.

LordEntrails
April 29th, 2020, 17:09
When you change your password, remove any special characters, see if that makes a difference.

atomicMonkey
May 1st, 2020, 02:21
Neither my original password, not the changed password have any special characters, but no change. I will try a re-install after removing all the files and folders, see if that makes any difference.

atomicMonkey
May 1st, 2020, 12:41
Removed the remaining files from both the Program Files directory and App Data, restart, full reinstall. No difference.

Perhaps unrelated, but I am also (With Standard) unable to connect to either a Standard or Ultimate hosted campaign (campaigns are pw protected) I did connect once, when a friend started a campaign without a password. Otherwise, I get the initial 'password protected campaign' error, enter the campaign password, and then get the endless attempt to connect - does not get to the loading resources steps, as far as I can tell, it never reconnects to the host. Other users have had no issue connecting to the same campaign instances.

I'm not sure of your internet services design but could it be the cloud server trying to authenticate my user account on my second connect, before forwarding the connection to the host, that fails and my end just hangs? Either way, I will try to get the logs from both ends, along with the other data mentioned in the sticky thread, and get that to you all in that thread.