PDA

View Full Version : [SWADE] Character Creation Issues Noted

amerigoV
October 31st, 2019, 01:37
Issues:

1. When creating a character, after drag and drop of the die onto the Attributes and Skills the die is not visible. If I close the character and open it again, the die is now visible and works as expected.

2. The attributes under FGC are populated with a d4 at creation. FGU attributes are blank (vs. just not visible - there is no associated die)

3. In SWADE, the skills Athletics, Common Knowledge, Notice, Stealth, and Persuasion are free with a d4. In FGC these skills are automatically placed on the character sheet at a d4 when you create a new character. In FGU, these skills are not auto-selected.

[*=1]Steps to reproduce the error
[*=1]If related to updating, please include relevant section of the "FantasyGroundsUpdater.log" file found in your FG installation directory.
[*=1]Any relevant information from the "console.log" file found in your FG Data directory.
[*=1]Ruleset(s) you are experiencing the issue(s) in.
[*=1]Is this a newly FGU created campaign or one migrated from FGC?
[*=1]What modules do you have loaded? Are any of these DLC from sources other than the FGU updater? (i.e. manually migrated or 3rd party content)

1. Create a new character. Issues 2 and 3 are automatic. Issue 1 is after dragging a die to the attribute or skill.
2. NA
3. No errors are created that I see
4. Savage Worlds - SWADE.
5. Both.
6. This will occur with the bare minimum SWADE GM and SWADE players guides loaded.

Stryfe484
October 31st, 2019, 02:19
I have these same issues on my machine.

Moon Wizard
November 2nd, 2019, 09:43
Thanks for reporting. I've filed as FGU-631.

Regards,
JPG

Skellan
November 2nd, 2019, 10:01
Thank you!

amerigoV
November 10th, 2019, 13:56
Thanks for reporting. I've filed as FGU-631.

Regards,
JPG

Not sure if I should make another thread, but a few more things (this is post update, 4.0.0)

The above issues continue. I found the following additional items.

1. Derived Stats (Pace, Parry, Toughness) do not update based on the race/skills (all stay 1s)
2. Toughness does not reflect any armor that you add. For example, a new PC will have a Toughness of 1. If I add Plate Corselet and equip it, it will show Toughness as 1(4) (not 5(4) as you would expect)
3. While pace at creation is a 1 both before and after application of Race, it does correct itself if I apply a wound. From there, it calculates correctly if I add/remove wounds.

Edit - I just notice #2 is not a character creation issue - it is a global player character issue. I had copied over an existing campaign and the existing PCs also have the issue of all the Derived Stats are 1s. This is not an issue for NPC since they are just set and not calculated.

Dr0W
November 10th, 2019, 14:22
Thanks for reporting. I can't wait to use SWADE on Unity.

Moon Wizard
November 11th, 2019, 23:39
Thanks for reporting. I've filed the derived stats issue as FGU-708.

Regards,
JPG

amerigoV
November 13th, 2019, 00:56
Thanks for reporting. I've filed the derived stats issue as FGU-708.

Regards,
JPG

You are welcome!

amerigoV
November 23rd, 2019, 21:07
I know the SWADE items are still on the list, but a new error popped up when I tried to make a PC today (same conditions of above - both a clean new campaign or one copied over). This popped up upon hitting the "+" to create a new character

[11/23/2019 3:53:01 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
[11/23/2019 3:53:07 PM] [NOTICE] Daily session backup created.
[11/23/2019 3:53:07 PM] [NOTICE] Spawning private server.
[11/23/2019 3:53:10 PM] [NOTICE] Connected to game server.
[11/23/2019 3:53:10 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene exiting.
[11/23/2019 3:53:10 PM] [NOTICE] Tabletop scene starting.
[11/23/2019 3:53:33 PM] [NOTICE] Campaign database backup created.
[11/23/2019 3:53:58 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
[11/23/2019 3:54:10 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "charsheet/scripts/template_derbase.lua"]:213: bad argument #1 to 'sub' (string expected, got nil)

Moon Wizard
November 25th, 2019, 08:44
Thanks for reporting. I've filed as FGU-760.

Regards,
JPG

Whaley
December 29th, 2019, 16:14
For mine, I can make out a D4 on all attributes (White on a almost white background) however when populating them with higher dice they stay at D4 unless I roll them, they roll correctly.

Stryfe484
December 29th, 2019, 19:31
For mine, I can make out a D4 on all attributes (White on a almost white background) however when populating them with higher dice they stay at D4 unless I roll them, they roll correctly.

Now, close the sheet, then reopen it. When you do that, it will show the correct dice. That's the issue we reported.

Moon Wizard
December 30th, 2019, 08:08
Hey guys,

I just pushed a new build of FGU beta where I fixed a couple dice issues. I also noticed that some of the other issues appear to be fixed.

FGU-760 - Script error on PC creation = Fixed in latest beta.
FGU-708 - Derived stats, pace, toughness not correct = Appears to be working in latest beta; may have been fixed in previous builds while fixing issues for other rulesets.
FGU-631 - Trait die not visible after editing, not set correctly on creation, free skills not added = All except free skill additions appear to be working.

Please let me know if those aren't fixed for you in the latest build.

Regards,
JPG

Dr0W
December 31st, 2019, 13:25
Hey guys,

I just pushed a new build of FGU beta where I fixed a couple dice issues. I also noticed that some of the other issues appear to be fixed.

FGU-708 - Derived stats, pace, toughness not correct = Appears to be working in latest beta; may have been fixed in previous builds while fixing issues for other rulesets.
FGU-631 - Trait die not visible after editing, not set correctly on creation, free skills not added = All except free skill additions appear to be working.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks a lot, Moon Wizard. Those seem to be working, except for the free skills not being added yet.

If I may add to the SWADE ruleset:
- Dragging and Dropping attacks directly into a target doesn't work and pops this error: Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_rolls.lua"]:734: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got no value)
Attacks using already targeted targets work fine.

- When you right click a token, there is no "Remove from Party View" option present on other rulesets.

- Chase rules doesn't work. Those were implemented directly in the image window on FGC (which was remade on FGU), so the chase button isn't even present.

amerigoV
January 3rd, 2020, 00:51
Hey guys,

Regards,
JPG

I'll confirm these are working for me. Thanks!!

Mortar
January 3rd, 2020, 00:54
If the free skills get added to SWADE that's up Ikael not the SmiteWorks team. Start bugging him ;)

amerigoV
January 3rd, 2020, 15:18
If the free skills get added to SWADE that's up Ikael not the SmiteWorks team. Start bugging him ;)

Adding the free skills at character creation works in FGC - so is that a Unity issue or does something need to change in ruleset to make it work? (ie, is it really an Ikael item?)

Dr0W
January 3rd, 2020, 16:49
Nope, not up to Ikael. It's already coded and works fine. It not showing up on FGU is a Unity bug. It's not Ikael's job to fix it.

Moon Wizard
January 4th, 2020, 23:09
Well, it's actually up to us all. :)

I don't know Ikael's code or the Savage Worlds system well enough to pinpoint where exactly that things are not working as expected. So, I need help in pinpointing the exact code that's not working; or just setting up a sample campaign to recreate the issue quickly. The more work that I have to do to set up; the less time I have to fix other things.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
January 6th, 2020, 08:29
Thanks for the assists. I've got a few additional fixes queued up for this week that address most of the issues.

The only issue remaining that I haven't recreated are from Dr0W:

* When you right click a token, there is no "Remove from Party View" option present on other rulesets.
This is available via the radial menu in upper left position when right clicking on token (labeled Visibility); and the subsequent submenu has options for visibility changes as well as toggling party vision. Please note that LOS must be enabled to toggle party vision for a token.

- Chase rules doesn't work. Those were implemented directly in the image window on FGC (which was remade on FGU), so the chase button isn't even present.
I have no idea how to recreate this, or whether it's just being unable to reach button because toolbar is deprecated.

Regards,
JPG

Dr0W
January 6th, 2020, 19:01
Thanks a lot Moon Wizard.

For the party view problem, I might have tried that without LOS turned on, so my bad.

For the Chase rules problem, part of it has already been discussed on this thread: (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?52761-SWADE-Bug-Unable-to-drag-and-drop-card-from-card-deck-onto-map-for-chase)
- First we need to be able to drag and drop cards on the combat map (Which it's not working yet on FGU)
- Secondly, we need to turn the Chase rules on (Which was on the deprecated toolbar, and we can't reach it anymore)

dberkompas
February 19th, 2020, 04:48
Looked for the following, but didn't find it, so reporting here.

When dragging a Hindrance/Edge/Abilities on to a character sheet, you have to first add an entry. (FG Classic, you can just drag and it populates, no need to add an entry first)
Then, when you do, there's no LINK that will let you see the text of the one you just dragged on.

Dave

dberkompas
February 19th, 2020, 16:22
SWADE Edge:
In FG Classic & FG Unity, Rabble-Rouse should be Rabble-Rouser
(What difference does it make you may ask, well, nothing, except when you're trying to code a character converter)

Dave

Moon Wizard
February 20th, 2020, 17:53
@dberkompas,

Please report any general data issues in the Savage Worlds forum and/or message the Savage Worlds developer Ikael. I'm only looking at FGU-specific issues right now.

Thanks,
JPG

dberkompas
February 20th, 2020, 18:53
Moon Wizard,

Will do when I find issues. The Hindrance/Edge/Abilities IS Unity specific.

Thanks!!!!!!!

Dave

Moon Wizard
February 20th, 2020, 19:50
Yep. I filed as task FGU-900 for the hindrance/edge issue.

Cheers,
JPG

dberkompas
February 20th, 2020, 19:59
Is there a site/thread that we can search on to check if we're submitting duplicates?

Dave

LordEntrails
February 20th, 2020, 20:31
Is there a site/thread that we can search on to check if we're submitting duplicates?

Dave
This has a general list; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50483-FGU-Playtest-Known-Items

In general it is just best to do a Site Search first to see if it has been reported and a work around isted.

A little bit more information in this post; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51687-How-to-Report-Issues-Bugs-and-Problems

EDIT: I was wrong, first link is updated regularly and appears to currently be complete.

dberkompas
February 20th, 2020, 21:54
Here's an odd one, but I doubt it's a bug, gotta be something my converter is doing:

When I load an XML character into Classic, it imports fine.
When I upload into Unity, I get the following:

[2/20/2020 1:50:33 PM] [NOTICE] Campaign saved.
[2/20/2020 1:50:37 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] API: System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at System.Collections.Generic.SortedSet`1+Enumerator[T].MoveNext () [0x0001e] in <ae22a4e8f83c41d69684ae7f557133d9>:0
at System.Collections.Generic.SortedDictionary`2+Enum erator[TKey,TValue].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <ae22a4e8f83c41d69684ae7f557133d9>:0
at MOGENOKIDAK.IAFAAIJMAKH (GACFJBABIAJ BGPKLCGBHPD, JJEKLHKGKBN DOAIEANCHCB) [0x0003b] in <30aef83569e2427ea32b1ad01af00d2a>:0
at GDBNAOGADIN.LEDIMLCIALO (System.IntPtr MDMHFAEJKAB) [0x001f9] in <30aef83569e2427ea32b1ad01af00d2a>:0

When I upload to Classic, like I said, it's fine. If I then download from Classic and import into Unity, I get this error, and yet it still imports it.

If I then download that, and import back into Unity, it's fine.

So, that tells me it's something I'm missing/doing incorrectly to generate the XML.

I don't think it's the first two header lines <xml.. & <root...

Dave

Moon Wizard
February 20th, 2020, 22:59
Can you provide a clip of the code that calls DB.import?

Thanks,
JPG

dberkompas
February 20th, 2020, 23:02
I'm importing an XML file, it's not any code.

and not sure what's happened, but now if I import into Classic (which works fine), then I download that and import into Unity, it now works.

I'm attaching the XML file.

Moon Wizard
February 20th, 2020, 23:06
So, a character import then. Thanks for the data file; I'll try it here.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
February 21st, 2020, 00:07
Have you done a file compare between the FGC exported module (that loads fine in FGU) and the initial version (that throws errors in FGU).

FGU has strict xml interpretation, FGC does not. Maybe it has to do with that?

dberkompas
February 21st, 2020, 00:13
I'm doing a diff, and playing around with different things.

If I remove the <invlist> section, and the <weaponlist> sections, it loads just fine, so it's got to be something in there I'm thinking.

Dave

dberkompas
February 21st, 2020, 01:31
Found it:

It all has to do with emcumbrance:

If I put the following lines in, it loads just fine.

<encumbered type="number">1</encumbered>
<encumbrance>
<limit type="number">40</limit>
<load type="number">46.2</load>
<loadstr type="number">3</loadstr>
</encumbrance>

Maybe there's a setting to ignore emdumbrance.

Thanks for listening...

If I add:
<encumbered type="number">0</encumbered>
or
<encumbered type="number">2</encumbered>

It fails.

Dave

dberkompas
February 21st, 2020, 14:25
The error is back, because I've added armor. I've updated the XML on the previous post to include the offending file.

I can't help but think it's all got something to do with encumbrance again.

Found the issue, this time it's the bonus list, it can't be missing.

Dave

Moon Wizard
February 22nd, 2020, 18:37
I was able to track down the root of the issue (which is also technically in FGC); but not sure how I'm going to fix yet. Basically, the ruleset is editing the data imported as script events are firing, which is a problem for the internal "collections" that are trying to iterate and fire the script events. Need to think on it a bit.

Thanks,
JPG

dberkompas
February 22nd, 2020, 19:17
Not an issue anymore. I've adjusted my script to add the necessary elements.

Thanks for your time, my apologies for making issues where there doesn't need to be any.

Loving playing w/ Unity and learning the differences (VERY minimal) between Classic & Unity.

Dave