PDA

View Full Version : FG crashes after trying to rehost a campaign

JMessmer
October 30th, 2019, 22:01
Again using my custom DSA ruleset.
When running into an error when loading the ruleset I fix the error and try to load the campaign and ruleset again.
Then all previously selected extension are not set anymore in the "Host Campaign" screen. After clicking start FG seems to load endlessly but without logging anything into the console except for:

[10/30/2019 10:00:50 PM] [NOTICE] Spawning private server.
[10/30/2019 10:00:50 PM] [NOTICE] Connected to game server.

LordEntrails
October 30th, 2019, 23:34
Does this repeat after restarting your computer? Does it repeat with a new campaign? Does it repeat in other rulesets?

JMessmer
October 31st, 2019, 18:59
There is no need to restart the computer. Restarting FG solves the issue. However, when you try to debug it is annoying if you have to restart FG every time and every time you have to select the campaign and the extensions.

The bug is reproducable with the CoreRPG. Make one XML invalid so that you encounter an error when loading the ruleset. Once you see the error in the console you fix the error and try to load the campaign again. FG will hang and not continue to load.

LordEntrails
November 1st, 2019, 03:57
Ah, I get it. Don't know what to tell you :(

I suspect once they good the return to launcher working, that will help alleviate some of your problem. It might also be good if we developed a known XML guide so common xml parsing changes can be known/shared and then devs can look for those and update the known ones. Maybe you'd be willing to start sharing what errors you find and the correction?

JMessmer
November 1st, 2019, 17:23
Thx, I am already through the syntax errors (all related to the stricter comment rules in XML). So I don't have much to share unfortunately (or fortunately for me).
I am going to look for functional problems now.