PDA

View Full Version : [Bug] Fx Animations Activate When Drawing LOS Walls

Akuranith
October 30th, 2019, 21:31
Hello, this bug seems unrelated to the [FGU-394] bug and I didn't see anything from a forum search, so here are my brief findings.

Setting:

I am running the windows version of FGU
This is a new FGU install, with no extensions added in.
This is a newly started campaign, not imported from FGC
The only module loaded is the FG Battle Maps module
I was able to successfully recreate the issue after restarting the program, both within the PFRPG ruleset and the 5e ruleset

Summary:
When loading a map and utilizing layers, creating an Fx layer will then cause interactions with other layers to randomly modify the displayed Fx.

In my case, if I was to create an Fx layer, try out a couple of the Fx options, then move to my wall layer and start drawing walls, the act of drawing walls will reliably cause one of the Fx to display on screen. Going back to the Fx layer, none of the effects are actually active, and the displayed effect will be removed.

Interesting elements to note are that creating walls by clicking various points doesn't trigger the Fx change, only by clicking and dragging around to create walls seemingly. This also only occurs when the Fx layer has been created, and one of the Fx options has been selected before returning the Fx to none. Drawing walls before the Fx layer has been created, or before one of the Fx options has been selected does not seem to cause the issue.

Steps to Re-create:

Create a new campaign.
Create a wall layer and draw some walls. Nothing should happen.
Create an Fx layer and set it to one of the possible Fx effects. Then set it back to none.
Select the wall layer once more and draw some walls by clicking a point and then dragging the mouse to create more points.
Moving the mouse around while drawing walls should randomly move through the Fx options. Stopping the movement so that an Fx remains on screen this way is difficult, but not impossible.
If the Fx remains on screen after being generated in this method, selecting the Fx layer again will clear it, and the Fx is still set to none.

anthonymorris
October 30th, 2019, 22:41
I ran into a similar issue with my PFRPG Map i was making. I tested the FX layer, then set the FX to none. After that I was getting flashes of the various FX ramdomly anytime i moved or clicked my mouse anywhere. I even deleted my FX layer to no effect.

video soon
https://youtu.be/L1CZ2vqiLd4

Henrique Oliveira Machado
October 31st, 2019, 02:00
Same happened to me. Added FX. went to build LOS walls, everytime i added another DOT (space button or holding and dragiin the mouse) the FX got stronger. Even if i delete de FX layer, the other layers carry it out, which i think it's the issue.

It's like it's creating a layer for each of the dots lol.

Tried to paint the map, and it got even worse, the FX started to change like if i was navigating through them.

Moon Wizard
November 2nd, 2019, 09:50
This issue has been filed as FGU-623.

Thanks,
JPG