PDA

View Full Version : I bought a book from FG , it's not in my Library

Paxx
October 30th, 2019, 20:14
I bought Xanathar's Guide to Everything and it's not in my library or anywhere I checked. I sent a ticket or message in the help section but with no response.
My Bank says I paid for it so I don't know what to do next. I was going to buy a mod. but not till this is fixed.
Please advise. Paxx:confused:

notrealdan
October 30th, 2019, 20:55
Hi, did you re-run the FG updater? That will fetch any new purchases and install them into FG. Then you should be able to find it in your library and open it.

Paxx
October 30th, 2019, 22:04
Still not there. where does it pop up ? I checked my library, is there another place?

notrealdan
October 30th, 2019, 22:07
Oh, yes, I forgot one point that may help... Go to Library, and then click on the Modules button. It should be in there. Once you find it there, click the Load button. Then it'll be in your Library. You don't want to Load too many modules at once, due to memory constraints, FYI.

Paxx
October 31st, 2019, 00:48
Still not there.
do they also email it?

LordEntrails
October 31st, 2019, 00:54
Still not there.
do they also email it?
No, the 'books' only exist in FG. You do not get a hardcover or pdf (except for items linked toa Paizo account).

Can you post screen shots of what your modules activation window shows?

Paxx
October 31st, 2019, 01:19
here ya go29750

Zacchaeus
October 31st, 2019, 01:40
What license type do you own, and in the top right of the start screen please confirm that it does not say v3.3.8 DEMO.

Oh, and also you are in manage characters.Although it should still show there.

ddavison
October 31st, 2019, 01:42
What license type do you own, and in the top right of the start screen please confirm that it does not say v3.3.8 DEMO.

Close to what Zacchaeus says... you want to make sure it does not say FREE next to the version #. It requires these things to be entered into your Settings.

1. Active subscription or 1-time license for Fantasy Grounds
2. Username and Password (the same as you enter on the forums)

Paxx
October 31st, 2019, 02:40
I'm not in the free version, I bought the second to the highest package. about $30.

ddavison
October 31st, 2019, 02:46
We are not questioning if you paid for a non-free version. We are wanting to check if you are properly set up with your license key recognized.

Turn on Enhanced Update logging in your Settings, run an Update and then send that as an attachment to [email protected] or [email protected] and we should be able to help diagnose it for you.

Paxx
October 31st, 2019, 02:49
I actually don't see version

Bonkon
October 31st, 2019, 02:58
I actually don't see version

Good Day Paxx :)

The version is on the first screen when you open FG, the upper right hand portion of the screen. Yours should say v. 3.3.8 STANDARD I believe if you bought that level. If it says FREE or DEMO you need to make sure you update your key by pressing the Settings button and inputting the new key they should have emailed you or by going to your purchases at the FG store and finding it there. I just copied and pasted it so I would not make any typo's :)

Paxx
October 31st, 2019, 03:02
How do I send it as an attachment do I take a screenshot or what?

Paxx
October 31st, 2019, 03:05
What the hell it says free

Paxx
October 31st, 2019, 03:13
I put in the only key that I ever received and updated and I'm still on free

ddavison
October 31st, 2019, 03:24
If you bought from our store here, the license key will show up at the top of the Store > Order History (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/myorders.php) page. If you bought on Steam, then you would right-click on Fantasy Grounds in your Steam Library and choose CD Keys.

We recommend coping and pasting in this value instead of typing it in. We often see people put O's instead of 0's and stuff like that.

Paxx
October 31st, 2019, 04:34
I want to thank everyone for their help and quick response to my problem. after some instructions and patience (not on my part) the problem was fixed. Thanks again, Paxx.