PDA

View Full Version : LOS Walls moving to a different Map

H2Os
October 30th, 2019, 18:13
I experienced this a lot yesterday with various maps. When placing LOS I click to finish a section and it disappears. I scroll through the other maps and find that the los was moved to a different map somehow.

LordEntrails
October 30th, 2019, 19:11
I've seen other/similar reports to this, but don't think anyone has given details yet. If you could spend more time detailing this, I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated. A little bit of what to report or is useful is listed in the second half of this post; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51687-How-to-Report-Issues-Bugs-and-Problems

If you were able to provide steps with DLC etc I'm sure that would be greatly appreciated.

AgatonSax
October 30th, 2019, 20:59
I have the same problem. The first map I edited will be edited even if I change map.

I made videos but the add video just gets me a Youtube-link box. Anyone with the link can watch them? Shall I upload them or do you want them any other way?

Edit: they are quite big, 55 and 165 Mb...

AgatonSax
October 30th, 2019, 21:24
I removed the modules, rulesets and extension I had in my folders that were not part of FGU and tried again. Again, it was the first map I edited that got all edits. This is a clean FGU. (Edit: Well, bought addons is there, the maps is from a bought add on)
Above post-image and this is what is used.

H2Os
October 30th, 2019, 22:19
I removed the modules, rulesets and extension I had in my folders that were not part of FGU and tried again. Again, it was the first map I edited that got all edits. This is a clean FGU.
Above post-image and this is what is used.

Thinking back to all the troubles I had with LOS, it was the first map I started that had all the LOS on it when it would disappear.

LordEntrails
October 30th, 2019, 23:38
I have the same problem. The first map I edited will be edited even if I change map.

I made videos but the add video just gets me a Youtube-link box. Anyone with the link can watch them? Shall I upload them or do you want them any other way?

Edit: they are quite big, 55 and 165 Mb...
Doug has stated elsewhere that videos should be uploaded to YouTube as private so only those with the link can see them. I believe you can post the link here.

And, is this repeatable? Does it happen with any map? Any ruleset? Can you please provide more detail? Thanks!

AgatonSax
October 31st, 2019, 07:21
I'll test more when I get home after work. So far it has happened on different maps. I've only tested with 3.5 ruleset. Any map I started editing got edited when I tried to edit another map. If I restarted FGU I can choose any map and edit it, that will be the first map for that session. Any map I try to edit after this first map will not get any edits, regardless if it has been edited before or not.

ddavison
October 31st, 2019, 15:18
Thanks for reporting this. I believe this is related to images getting crossed over and there is a fix for this in the build that is about to go out.

H2Os
October 31st, 2019, 16:38
I hope this fixes it. I would love to do some maps for you guys.

H2Os
October 31st, 2019, 20:39
As of the latest update: on 10/31 the LOS issue is still happening. Once you start applying LOS on a map any LOS you do will be applied to that map even if the map is closed and locked.

I haven't had any image confusion by FGU though, so that's good.

AgatonSax
October 31st, 2019, 21:20
I tried a little more and I experience this both for 3.5 and 5e rulesets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x-PfoDwZmY&feature=youtu.be

I installed FGU on my laptop and I didn't have this problem on the laptop. Same stuff installed (data-path on Dropbox, both installs share that).

H2Os
October 31st, 2019, 21:22
Video is private, but I'm not sure they want you to be putting stuff on youtube.

AgatonSax
October 31st, 2019, 23:29
Seems OK in other posts.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51238-Secret-doors-are-too-secret

LordEntrails
November 1st, 2019, 04:38
Video is private, but I'm not sure they want you to be putting stuff on youtube.
Doug mentioned elsewhere that he shares via private videos on YouTube. I took that to mean that as long as the video was kept private it was ok to post and put the link in here.

pollux
November 1st, 2019, 05:31
I also confirm this. Steps to reproduce are:

Load the FG Battlemaps module
OPen cave01, and add some LoS occluders for cave01
Close cave01
Open Cave03 and add an LoS occluder. Points will at first be laid down successfully, but when you close the loop, the occluder will disappear.
Close Cave03.
Re-open Cave01, the occluder that you drew on Cave03 will be present.

This is still occurring with the latest FGU build available right now, as of 4:30 AM Friday, November 1, 2019 UTC.

AgatonSax
November 1st, 2019, 20:14
Tried other maps that I just placed in the campaigns /images-folder and they worked OK.

Garantor
November 2nd, 2019, 02:33
I've had the same issues. I have tried multiple things to try to find the cause or a work around:

Close FGU and restart
Open second map to be added first
Add LOS objects to map, objects stay on the open map.
Lock and close map
Open first map
Add LOS objects to map, objects stay on open map.

Add third map from Assets>Images>Campaign
Add LOS objects to third map and they disappear to appear on second map (first one opened and edited that session).

Delete all maps
Close FGU and restart
Add all three maps from Assets>Images>Campaign
Close FGU and restart
Open a map, add LOS objects to it, close map
Open a second map, add LOS objects to it, they disappear and appear on first map opened. Close second map.
Open third map, add LOS objects to it, they disappear and appear on first map opened. Close third map.
Delete LOS objects added from second and third map from first map.
Close FGU and restart

Open the second map, add LOS objects to it, objects stay on that map. Close map.
Open third map, add LOS objects to it, objects stay on that map.
Open first map, add LOS objects to it, objects stay on that map.
Add a fourth map from Assets>Images>Campaign
Add LOS objects to fourth map, objects stay on that map.

It seemed that as long as I opened a map, added the LOS to it, then exited FGU and came back that it was working correctly on other maps. That was only for the four I tested, and as I sometimes got conflicting results I cannot be certain. One time, before more rigorous testing I had put in the four maps, and when I put the LOS objects into the second map, they appeared in the third, and the third went back to showing up in the first one I had opened.

Moon Wizard
November 4th, 2019, 06:05
Thanks, guys. I've added as FGU-652, and bumped the priority.

Thanks,
JPG