PDA

View Full Version : Updater problem

Svarten
October 30th, 2019, 14:40
Setting App directory does not seem to work as intended.

Tested directly on a clean install, and did not work.

Tested to change the App directory after update, and didn't work.

Only way I managed to get it to work was manually copying files and then changing it.

Data directory works as it should however.

/Svarten

ddavison
October 30th, 2019, 14:46
Thanks for the report. We will log a ticket for this.

sehson
October 30th, 2019, 22:58
As thread was started.

Changed install and data directory Directory, Windows 10 install, Updater files. Setup shortcuts could not find files, not in default directory
Updater would create "FantasyGroundsUpdater_NEW" directory but close out
In "FantasyGroundsUpdater_NEW" Updater EXE would run and download update, creating new updater file in install directory
Updater EXE updated program, and files Will no longer run

Fantasy grounds EXE will load, Clicking find updates through FG, will close FG, attempt to run Updater, which will not run
FG can continue to Campaign and load assets installed, from my very limited testing

FGUPdater Log file output

ARGS:
CheckNewUpdater(): True
RUNNING AS FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe
Incorrect File

Fargen
February 1st, 2020, 22:57
Getting this error now as well.
version 1.0.0.0
1/25/2020 9:39

Reinstall resolved.

Roach
February 3rd, 2020, 00:47
I just ran into something weird.

Started FG Unity and got the notification that an update was possible. When I clicked on that button, I was told the update was not possible, because FGU was running. The weird thing, of course, was that my Unity had to just stopped itself in order to run the updater.

After checking what processes I'll still at running, I stopped my FG Classic. The moment that was stopped, the Unity updater started updating. The weird thing is: I have a completely different data directory for FG Unity, and I can remember that earlier on, the update for Unity ignored Classic running.

Is there a specific reason why this has been introduced - or is this a case of the updater becoming too sensitive?

damned
February 3rd, 2020, 02:49
its just checking against the process name "fantasygrounds.exe"
eventually ppl will only be running one version
they want to kill the current fg.exe so that it can be updated cleanly...