PDA

View Full Version : Font text

andrewcr
October 30th, 2019, 09:10
Hi,

I find the readability of the 5e FR realms font used for the reference manual to be difficult to read compared to the Classic Version.

I find that when you read in a block of text your eyes drift from row to row.

Fozzy
October 30th, 2019, 13:54
I noted a similar thing with fonts generally. The selected options are remarkably small if you happen to have a high definition display (see screenshot). Yes, it's readable, but it's a bit on the small side.

Zacchaeus
October 30th, 2019, 14:40
I noted a similar thing with fonts generally. The selected options are remarkably small if you happen to have a high definition display (see screenshot). Yes, it's readable, but it's a bit on the small side.

Everything's going to be small if you have a high resolution monitor. The font won't scale to your resolution so you'll need to reduce the resolution on your monitor when running FG until the scalui command has been implemented.

And welcome to FG.

ddavison
October 30th, 2019, 14:49
We have a task to work on scaling for large displays that should help with font readability. Scaling of the UI is currently disabled until this project completes.

@andrewcr, are you also on a large display?

andrewcr
October 30th, 2019, 20:10
Hi Doug @ddavison

I have a 27" 1440p IPS Acer Predator (single monitor only).

I have attached an image of Fantasy Grounds Classic and Fantasy Grounds Unity as they are shown on my display

alexandyr
October 30th, 2019, 20:56
Hi Doug @ddavison

I have a 27" 1440p IPS Acer Predator (single monitor only).

I have attached an image of Fantasy Grounds Classic and Fantasy Grounds Unity as they are shown on my display

Kerning and line spacing both look a bit off (too tight?) in the Unity version. Are they using Unity's base text rendering system or Text Mesh Pro or similar? It is possible that they forgot to import the kerning pairs when creating the font sheet if it is the later (for some reason the check box is often turned off by default on import.)