PDA

View Full Version : Encounter LOS

Maldev
October 30th, 2019, 09:05
G'day there.
I build an encounter, preplacing the tokens on the map.
Then I start the encounter via the Combat tracker and the Monsters start off Invisible (Like FGClassic)
If I am running LOS they still start off Invisible, not mask sensitive. The only option I can see is on the CT is Invisible or visible.
I know you can change to mask sensitivity for each individual monster, but it's slow.
Am I missing something or is an option for Encounter NPC's starting off in Mask mode still coming?
Cheers

Zacchaeus
October 30th, 2019, 10:57
You can still have mask mode if you want.

Maldev
October 30th, 2019, 10:58
Yeah, but how cool is LOS? :D
I can wait, I was just putting it out there.

ddavison
October 30th, 2019, 16:47
If you set them with the visible flag after LOS is enabled, then it will make it mask sensitive by default.

Maldev
October 31st, 2019, 06:36
Brilliant! works a treat thanks Doug
Cheers

Maldev
November 4th, 2019, 02:47
G’day. So I’m playing with LOS
1/ I have an encounter built with tokens preplaced in the room
2/The PCs approach the door not knowing what lies within.
3/ I add the Encounter to the CT ready for when the PC’s open the door
It would seem that when the PC’s open the door I have 2 options.
OPTION 1/ They see nothing (See Image 1)
OPTION 2/ I unhide the Monsters just before “The big reveal” so the LOS will reveal the monsters when the door opens
HOWEVER the Monsters appear on the PCs CT before I open the door to reveal what lies within (See Image 2)
Is there a way to keep the monsters hidden in the CT even though LOS reveals them?
Or is there some better way to do it?
Cheers

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2019, 02:59
Not really. The two are linked so once you reveal a monster either on the map or the CT the other one becomes visible too.

This is no different from the current functionality where you make the monsters appear when the mask is removed when the pc’s enter a room.

Andraax
November 4th, 2019, 03:05
What he's saying is that if you unhide the monsters on the CT (so the tokens show up automatically via LOS) they already are visible on the combat tracker.

Maldev
November 4th, 2019, 03:06
No worries, thanks
There isn't "Control + click" targeting from my client player (second instance) i.e can't target monsters, although I can drop the dice on the map/CT and from chat.
Cheers

Kelrugem
November 4th, 2019, 04:21
G’day. So I’m playing with LOS
1/ I have an encounter built with tokens preplaced in the room
2/The PCs approach the door not knowing what lies within.
3/ I add the Encounter to the CT ready for when the PC’s open the door
It would seem that when the PC’s open the door I have 2 options.
OPTION 1/ They see nothing (See Image 1)
OPTION 2/ I unhide the Monsters just before “The big reveal” so the LOS will reveal the monsters when the door opens
HOWEVER the Monsters appear on the PCs CT before I open the door to reveal what lies within (See Image 2)
Is there a way to keep the monsters hidden in the CT even though LOS reveals them?
Or is there some better way to do it?
Cheers

That is possible in the following way:

1. Let the monster be invisible in the CT
2. Right-Click on the NPC token and click Mask Sensitive Visibility

Then the NPC is hidden in the CT and the token will only be shown when the LoS allows it :) See:

EDIT: Oh, and now I see in that image that there is a bug about showing effect icons while no effects are there (also on GM side since that image is from the client), will post this separately in my bug thread if not already reported :)

Maldev
November 4th, 2019, 04:49
G'day, thanks for your reply. I did mention your suggestion in my first post, it's just slower to do so.
Good bug spotting!
Cheers

Kelrugem
November 4th, 2019, 04:51
G'day, thanks for your reply. I did mention your suggestion in my first post, it's just slower to do so.
Good bug spotting!
Cheers

aaah, sorry, was not reading your first post and I didn't remember it anymore :D Thought that the other post (to which I referred) was actually a new subject :D Sorry for that :) (happens when one skims very fast over the threads :D)

Maldev
November 4th, 2019, 05:00
Yes, lots to read at present. i just wanted to see if there was another/better way to do it.
Cheers