PDA

View Full Version : FX Layers randomly appearing

cd36
October 30th, 2019, 05:08
Hey,

I'm just playing around in the Map tools right now, in the default 5E campaign that comes with FGU. I am using BattleMap01, and I added an FX layer to it, to see all the different FX available. I selected each one to see what it did, and then set it to "none".

I added Sarah Conner to the map from the Combat Tracker, and created some Walls in the Layer LOS section. After that I switched back to the Play Mode, and tried to move the token around the map, and as soon as I hovered over the token, an FX layer appeared. I moved the mouse away, and then the next one appeared when I moved it back.

I can now cycle through all the FX layers, just by moving my mouse cursor over the token. I deleted the FX layer, and it still does it. I can close out of the map, and go back into it and it still does it. I haven't tried recreating it from scratch yet, wanted to post this while it was still fresh.

LordEntrails
October 30th, 2019, 06:35
Thanks, there are a few other reports of issues with FX's and layers. Let us know what else you figure out, but I wouldn't spend too much time on this since it seems to not be unique to you :)

Nic_231
October 30th, 2019, 07:45
Can confirm similar issue here.
Once an FX layer is applied (they look great BTW), it cannot be removed.
Setting it to 'None' or even deleting the layer has no effect, and further changes to the image will case the FX effect being applied to cycle seemingly at random.

Temeras
October 30th, 2019, 08:57
Random FX layers appear for me when I add an 'asset' to the map of any kind. Everytime one is added a new, random FX appears.

Allmight
October 30th, 2019, 12:09
Same for me. Once the FX layer had been added to the map you can't get rid of it. Does'nt matter if you set it to none, or remove the layer altogether. The layer will look as it's gone at first, but as soon as you set a token down, it will cycle randomly between the layers when moving token, hoovering over token, working with walls, and even when working with the map menu on the side. Almost anything you do on the map will cycle through the F/X randomly. Have even noticed that it sometime applies several F/X effects at the same time, like sepia and snow storm simultaneously.

birdskull
October 30th, 2019, 14:28
I have the same experience as the OP. In addition I have found that the effect duplicates if you hold a token and move it around. 20 sec of twirling the token gave me this epileptic fit-inducing scene. 29719