PDA

View Full Version : Settings->Basic - Invalid Username or Password

ddurmon
October 30th, 2019, 04:58
Issue:

Within the Settings screen on the basic tab, there are fields for license, username, and password.
I can put in my license key (which says it is valid), my username (also valid) and password (also valid).
I click login and it logs me in.
If I close the updater and FGU, then re-open it, it give me the error "Invalid Username or Password"

Steps to reproduce:

Open FGU
Go to settings
Enter License Key
Enter Username
Enter Password
Click Login
Click on Save
Exit FGU
Open FGU
Go to settings
Verify License is still valid
Verify Username and Password Fields are filled in (but don't change)
Click Login
View Error

Note: I searched the forums and didn't find this reported yet. If it has been reported, then that's awesome. If you need additional information, please let me know. Thanks so much for all of the hard work!

notrealdan
October 30th, 2019, 05:02
I can confirm this happens to me, also. However, I don't think you need to login there again there once you've successfully logged in once, unless your password changed here on the forum. For example, you don't need to log in there each time you want to run an update. It does seem to save the login creds correctly for the purpose of updates and downloading new purchases.

Dtoad
October 30th, 2019, 05:37
I get the same, but it does update if you cancel instead of saving.

LordEntrails
October 30th, 2019, 06:41
Do any of you have special characters in your usernames?
edit: doesn't look like it...

Dtoad
October 30th, 2019, 07:14

Nor anything special in my PW, which is what it "seems" to be forgetting. I'm not sure if this is even and issue, but it is a curiosity.

El Condoro
October 30th, 2019, 10:00
Also happening with me. FGU runs as expected - all store items are downloaded and everything seems to be working correctly but there is a 'Licence check failed' message when I start it. I have checked the key and am sure it is correct.

ddurmon
October 30th, 2019, 14:50
Nor anything special in my PW, which is what it "seems" to be forgetting. I'm not sure if this is even and issue, but it is a curiosity.

This may be more of a "What the user sees vs what is actually happening" type of issue. It looks like you may not be logged in when in fact you actually are. As a fix, it would be nice if FGU would validate the login token and either a.) display the login form if the token is invalid or b.) display a "You are logged in, click here to log out" type of button/form if the token has expired. In any case this is probably more a cosmetic than functional issue and probably a lower priority than a lot of other things IMHO...

On another note...

Given proper input validation, input sanitation, and character escaping... special characters shouldn't ideally have an impact... #1 rule of software development is that all user-supplied data cannot be trusted until it is validated and sanitized. :)

ddavison
October 30th, 2019, 16:09
Thanks for reporting this. We will create a ticket to address it.

dsaraujo
October 30th, 2019, 17:14
Thanks for reporting this. We will create a ticket to address it.

I was never able to login, even being 100% sure of username and password. My account is very old from 2007, and my username is "Daniel Salles de Araújo", and I bet the spaces and non-ASCII are not being properly handled.