PDA

View Full Version : FG Unity Beta Suggestions

Loko
October 30th, 2019, 04:30
Hi,

I am really liking FGU so far. I haven’t delved too deeply yet but did have a few “On the surface” suggestions. I hope this is the correct email/contact to use. If not, please let me know.

1. Could you please add a “Dice Roll Sound” in settings? On or Off. (Not a fan, sorry)

2. I like the new dice look, but they seem to slide around a lot instead of rolling. It doesn't look or feel natural. Maybe new dice with old way of rolling.

3. Could you please add the HTML hex numbering for the dice colors.

4. When you open any of the tabs on the right side of the main screen, and the contents contain more than 1 page (Spells for example) and you click on the next page, the contents do not refresh to the top but rather stay exactly where you were on the previous page.

Thank you,
Loko

GKEnialb
November 1st, 2019, 22:56
I think these are supposed to go here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Moon Wizard
November 4th, 2019, 05:39
Thanks for reporting.

Dice Sounds
Currently tracking as FGU-361.

Dice Physics
As I've mentioned in a couple other places, I'm about 90% happy with dice physics; but they currently work and there are more pressing items to fix at this point. We plan to revisit the dice physics before release, but physics tweaking is a bit of a time sink.

Hex Entry for Dice Colors
We're going to look at either using the new built-in color dialog to replace the current CoreRPG color dialog or enhance at some point. However, this is lower priority at this point.

Scrolling not Resetting when Paging in Campaign Lists
Filed as issue FGU-649.

Regards,
JPG

Naroe
May 12th, 2020, 11:49
Hi Moon Wizard, I know there is probably lots on the plate.

Is Idea Informer actually being used?

2 items with 1 and 0 votes in work.
Nothing in scheduled.
Hundreds in consideration.

Is there anywhere else that we can see whats being scheduled for requests, even if its long term.
Your working on bug fixes and stability I assume but it would be nice to see what ideas are being prioritized like Lighting.

pollux
May 12th, 2020, 15:57
Is Idea Informer actually being used?

Not a dev, but it seems pretty clear that they're LOOKING at ideainformer even if they're not updating status in it. If you look at highly voted items, many of them are the features that showed up in FGU (and so are provably in-progress or further):

Map - Multiple Layers (1405 vote)
Token - Limited Visibility aka Line of Sight (1035 votes)
Native 64-bit (989 votes)
Map - Tiles (726 votes)
Dev - Dice Features (480 votes)
Support for IPv6 (370 votes)
Native Mac/Linux (353 votes)

These are all top-voted on the first page and got prioritized as Unity features. Right now, they're not working on FEATURES at much at all, and are focused on FIXES for the stuff they've built recently to get it robust and reliable and performant. Another reason they might deliberately not update ideainformer is just to manage expectations. Gaming communities can get ornery when features take time to develop or get started and then reprioritized to the back-burner. What matters is when it ships and a decent number of companies accept feedback but don't let people know what's in-flight until it's sure to land.

If they're not updating ideainformer, it would be nice to untick those couple of outlier items so it's clear that it doesn't get updated at all rather than looking like it's just hopelessly out of date.

Zacchaeus
May 12th, 2020, 16:16
If items are under consideration then they are under consideration.

pollux
May 12th, 2020, 16:46
If items are under consideration then they are under consideration.

While technically the truth... almost all items (30 pages worth) are listed as under consideration and it appears to be the default state when a new item is filed. There is less than a page of items in any states other than under-consideration or complete. It seems pretty clear that the items on page 25 with 1 vote and 0 comments are not under active consideration in the same way as items which have already shipped in FGU, even though they have the same status.

LordEntrails
May 12th, 2020, 16:59
Doug and John use it, but they don't keep it up to date. I suspect that in the months after FGU reaches production release they will spend the many many hours needed to update the status of all the items on it.

pollux
May 12th, 2020, 17:12
Doug and John use it, but they don't keep it up to date. I suspect that in the months after FGU reaches production release they will spend the many many hours needed to update the status of all the items on it.

FWIW, I'm just acknowledging Naroe's confusion. It IS hard to know where things stand by looking at it, but as you note that doesn't mean they don't make good use of the feedback.

I'm not asking for more updates, personally, though. I'm happy to learn about a feature when it ships, or when it's about to ship. The ups and downs of roadmaps and priorities that are months away can be misleading as things change.

pindercarl
May 12th, 2020, 17:25
Yes, we do look at the wishlist. Everyone's time is stretched pretty thin at the moment, so any updates on the wishlist have not been made. I imagine that once we get out of beta, John will have the bandwidth to clear out the wishlist of completed items and update those that are under consideration for future FGU development.