PDA

View Full Version : download unity?

Kardock
October 30th, 2019, 02:01
hi all,

I've installed Unity with my ultimate license key, all is good. Now I wish to download it to my other computer to use as a user without a license that would connect to my ultimate. I cannot find a link where to download Unity.

Can someone please help? I'd like to see the user's view, with the LOS and fog of war.

thanks!

LordEntrails
October 30th, 2019, 02:02
Demo (unlicensed) users are not supported at this time.

Kardock
October 30th, 2019, 02:07
can I use my license on my second pc as well?

LordEntrails
October 30th, 2019, 02:11
can I use my license on my second pc as well?
Yes, but I doubt you can get them to connect to each other. FGC forbids that, I assume FGU does/will.

Kardock
October 30th, 2019, 02:13
OK then I'll have to be patient.

thanks for the quick reply!

LordEntrails
October 30th, 2019, 02:45
I bet their are tons of people on FG or FGC discord who will connect with you if you want :)

notrealdan
October 30th, 2019, 03:05
You can open a second instance of FGU on the same computer and connect to "localhost" as a player. I have no idea how well it works in FGU beta, so YMMV. I just tested connecting like this and it seems to work so far.

Also, it seems FGU uses a *lot* of computer resources at the moment, so it's quite possible you may run out of memory while trying to run two instances. Just FYI...

jrock1
March 18th, 2020, 19:13
I purchased FGU Ultimate but cannot location the Download Link and the link provided on email doesn't seem to access the download. Any ideas?

Zacchaeus
March 18th, 2020, 19:38
I purchased FGU Ultimate but cannot location the Download Link and the link provided on email doesn't seem to access the download. Any ideas?

Go to the store page and click on the downloads drop down at the top right.

Trenloe
March 18th, 2020, 19:39
And also in the Playtest Overview and Download sticky thread at the top of the Unity forum.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50373-FGU-Playtest-Overview-and-Download

jrock1
March 18th, 2020, 20:10
I was able to download and install FGU Ultimate successfully. Thank you for your help.