PDA

View Full Version : Anti Paladin Class

Shogar
October 30th, 2019, 01:55
The Anti Paladin class listing shows info for a Paladin with no mention of his opposite.

LordEntrails
October 30th, 2019, 02:02
I assume you mean 5E? And if I remember right, the anti-paladin is in the DMG, not the PHB, correct? Do you have the DMG loaded?

Tigon
October 30th, 2019, 03:40
I assume you mean 5E? And if I remember right, the anti-paladin is in the DMG, not the PHB, correct? Do you have the DMG loaded?

Also, in 5e is not called Anti-Paladin, it's called Oathbreaker

LordEntrails
October 30th, 2019, 04:03
Also, in 5e is not called Anti-Paladin, it's called Oathbreaker
Ah, see, that's proof of how you spell assume!

Tigon
October 30th, 2019, 04:48
Ah, see, that's proof of how you spell assume!

😋

I LOVE my Oathbreaker Pally. I play one a, Seeker of the Divine Within, from Karrnath in an Eberron campaign.

The Karrnathi nation used necromancy to raise their dead to fight in the Great War. Oh they must be evil then, you say!? But is that really the case when the citizens of the Karrnathi nation believe it to be an honor to serve their country, and this saving lives of their countrymen once more in undeath after their mortal life has ended.

😋

Roofy69
December 29th, 2020, 20:32
My answer was wrong, removing it.

Roofy69
December 29th, 2020, 20:49
Forget what I said, Fantasy Grounds has Anti Paladin wrong, they have it exactly like a Paladin.

Jiminimonka
December 29th, 2020, 21:16
Forget what I said, Fantasy Grounds has Anti Paladin wrong, they have it exactly like a Paladin.

No, its exactly right. An Anti-Paladin is an evil Paladin that becomes an Oath Breaker at 3rd level, as the DMG print and also the Reference Manual in Fantasy Grounds shows in the chapter Villanous Class Options.

Roofy69
December 31st, 2020, 13:50
I realized this yesterday, and was trying to find a way to delete my post entirely. I am of the 1st, 2nd and 3.5 edition where the anti paladin is entirely different. I am new to 5th. I missed the second post.

Jiminimonka
December 31st, 2020, 14:21
Please don't delete posts. It doesn't help other users who might have a similar issue. This ain't twitter, its actually a place where people get help and support. :)

Roofy69
December 31st, 2020, 15:45
In my opinion, there should be an Anti-Paladin class that starts right from 1st, as there are "Un"Holy warriors of different faiths. Why is it locked down to good only to start your path then 'break your oath' so you can continue to be a Anti-Paladin.

Just saying.

I am not trying to get into a debating war on this, I am just stating that Myrkul could have its "Paladin" class that starts from first. Its just a very limited view on 5th edition to lock it down like this officially. I know, I know, these are just guidelines and you can set it up any way you want, which I usually do, its just that it is not encoded into fantasy grounds because it is not 'official' rules.

My rant is over...I know you can set this up in Fantasy Grounds also to be what you want.

Jiminimonka
December 31st, 2020, 15:54
In my opinion, there should be an Anti-Paladin class that starts right from 1st, as there are "Un"Holy warriors of different faiths. Why is it locked down to good only to start your path then 'break your oath' so you can continue to be a Anti-Paladin.

Just saying.

I am not trying to get into a debating war on this, I am just stating that Myrkul could have its "Paladin" class that starts from first. Its just a very limited view on 5th edition to lock it down like this officially. I know, I know, these are just guidelines and you can set it up any way you want, which I usually do, its just that it is not encoded into fantasy grounds because it is not 'official' rules.

My rant is over...I know you can set this up in Fantasy Grounds also to be what you want.

Zaccheus has a video on making custom classes. You can make a "proper" anti-paladin using that as a guide.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42440-Tutorial-Video-Series

Roofy69
December 31st, 2020, 16:12
Thank you, that is very helpful!