PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds Unity Imaging into Maps

dellanx
October 30th, 2019, 01:42
This whole things seems to be over complicated. One can no longer insert an image and run a game on it. One has to go through all these extra steps. The guide seems to have every conceivable option, except JUST dropping in an image and making a map. Very frustrated. All this time waiting for a huge disappointment. I have just wasted two hours trying to make a map.

LordEntrails
October 30th, 2019, 01:46
Please post all FGU issues in the FGU Playtest thread.

lostsanityreturned
October 30th, 2019, 04:08
This whole things seems to be over complicated. One can no longer insert an image and run a game on it. One has to go through all these extra steps. The guide seems to have every conceivable option, except JUST dropping in an image and making a map. Very frustrated. All this time waiting for a huge disappointment. I have just wasted two hours trying to make a map.

"All these extra steps" being
- right click create new image
- drag desired map from asset window to image window.

It is extra steps, but that is because an image/map is no longer just one image so it means it is essential (it is also far more powerful)

celestian
October 30th, 2019, 04:25
"All these extra steps" being
- right click create new image
- drag desired map from asset window to image window.

It is extra steps, but that is because an image/map is no longer just one image so it means it is essential (it is also far more powerful)

Is there a detailed example of how to do this? Cause that doesn't work. It just throws the image in as a token.

I was able to get something I think is right but I wanna make sure I'm doing this right.

I had to switch to layers, drag/drop a image into the "graphic asset" slot, then "stamp" it. After that I could grid it.

Moon Wizard
October 30th, 2019, 04:56
Let's move these discussions to the playtest forum. Locking thread.

Thanks,
JPG