PDA

View Full Version : FGTabber - More space for your FG client

Azostar
October 29th, 2019, 23:44
Moderator: This extension has issues after the latest update and since the author has not been active for over a year it is likely that it won't be updated.

Find an updated version here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?73131-FGTabber2-More-space-for-your-FG-client

FGTabber
Current version 0.6.6: DRAG AND DROP

What is FGTabber?

FGTabber is an extension which enables you to manage your campaign or character in a way you can personalise, through tabs. You'll feel like you're running 20 clients at once! It adds functionality to your client similar to virtual desktop spaces in various OS's, your new tab will save any windows running inside and you can switch between those tabs with no effort thanks to the tab bar located at the top of the screen.

Features

Add, rename and remove new tabs
Opened windows are linked to the tab you have open, letting you switch between window groups quickly and efficiently.
Save tabs across sessions
Supports use for both GM and Players
Support for majority rulesets

How to Install

Download FGTabber from the attachments below
Add it to your extensions folder by using the folder button when Fantasy Grounds boots up
Copy the .ext files into the extension directory
Enable the extension and enjoy!

Instructions

Right click the tab bar and select add tab to add a new tab
Right click an existing tab and press edit to edit. Save by clicking another text window or pressing enter.
Right click and existing tab and select delete to remove the tab from your client.
Drag tabs to swap them around or place a shortcut onto your hotbar.
All windows are saved within tabs, any windows opened outside of tabs will be saved temporarily when switching, but will not be there when you reload the game.

Support Information

There are certain aspects of FG which make it difficult to get the data needed to load windows correctly. There are work arounds for this, but it means that I have to manually override some of the ruleset files. I have here an expanding list of rulesets that have full FGTabber support:

PFRPG2

If the ruleset you want to use this extension for isn't listed the extension will still function and work, however you may find that some windows such as sorting windows will become blank upon switching tabs. I will add support for as many rulesets as I can going forward.

Known Issues

If you are updating your FGTabber plugin restart your fantasy grounds client after placing it in your extensions directory, you will lose your tabs, but you will not lose any other campaign data. I have added the functionality to keep your tabs saved after updating in the future, however this will not be implemented completely until after a full 1.0 release.

To do's

Support for more rulesets
Static tabs
Somehow get the state of open windows ( library information )
Add some swanky graphics

Credits

I'd like to give credit to Gkjsdll and MoonWizard who were both huge helps when setting up the extension. WSX was built by Gkjsdll so a lot of the raw functionality that would've taken me a couple months to script were already completed by himself, giving me a guide to work from.

Updates

v0.6.6 Fix for users unable to get extension info.
v0.6.5 Drag and drop support, improved codebase, tab ordering.

LordEntrails
October 30th, 2019, 00:01
This is crazy! Nice work and thanks for sharing!

mattekure
October 30th, 2019, 01:06
comment deleted, no longer relevant.

mattekure
October 30th, 2019, 01:21
This extension interferes with the 5e D&D Theme.

Azostar
October 30th, 2019, 01:47
This extension interferes with the 5e D&D Theme.

Thanks, I'll get working on compatibility issues once I finish fixing the core functionality up. Right now users aren't able to use the bar.

mattekure
October 30th, 2019, 01:58
I had no issues with it working once I fixed the extension packing issue I posted about above.

Azostar
October 30th, 2019, 02:00
I had no issues with it working once I fixed the extension packing issue I posted about above.

The issue right now is when other users join the host, throws out some errors. Was working earlier on when developing but looks like I broke it somehow. Should have a fix tomorrow evening!

Azostar
October 30th, 2019, 16:41
v0.2.0 Updated FGTabber to store data inside of the campaign registry, will now save tabs for host and connecting users.

jasharen
October 31st, 2019, 00:06
Not working for me, saved FGTabber.ext to my extensions directory and it does not show up in FG extension list. Also when I tried to view the zip, it shows as corrupted.

mattekure
October 31st, 2019, 00:31
Comment deleted, no longer relevant.

Azostar
October 31st, 2019, 01:00
The download isnt packaged correctly. you can fix it fairly easily by changing the extension to zip and extracting it into your extensions folder. you should be able to see it on the list then.

the folder structure should look like this.

Fixed that issue right after you posted about it.

Not working for me, saved FGTabber.ext to my extensions directory and it does not show up in FG extension list. Also when I tried to view the zip, it shows as corrupted.

I checked the extension that currently attached to the thread, I have an idea what's wrong. I'll have a fix in about 10 mins.

mattekure
October 31st, 2019, 01:06
oops, sorry.

mattekure
October 31st, 2019, 01:09
I did notice that your extension.xml file points to include "graphics/graphics_frames.xml" which is not included in the ext file.

Azostar
October 31st, 2019, 01:14
I did notice that your extension.xml file points to include "graphics/graphics_frames.xml" which is not included in the ext file.

Ah that got left in, never threw an error though which is weird. I'll clean that up as I'm fixing the problem, for whatever reason Fantasy Grounds doesn't like my .ext files, could be a WinRAR problem.

mattekure
October 31st, 2019, 01:16
that could very well be. if the zip file produced is non-standard in any way, FG wont see it or load it. I've been using 7zip and never had an issue with the zipfiles it produces and FG.

Azostar
October 31st, 2019, 01:29

Issue has been resolved, the extension should show up in your list now.

hehaub
October 31st, 2019, 01:29
This looks awesome! I am going to try it out after my update, very interesting. Good job!

Mortani
October 31st, 2019, 03:04
Wow, this is amazingly helpful!!

Azostar
October 31st, 2019, 22:00
v0.3.0 FG Tabber now works independently of WSX, saving necessary window data inside of the campaign registry. NOTE: you will need to create a new campaign, or remove the campaign registry from your current campaign to update.

So FG Tabber is now independent of WSX, it really helped me get my head around how I want the extension to function and did a great job providing everyone with a working version of FG Tabber earlier, so all credit to Gkjsdll will stay in the post.

The way I'd like to manage tab information conflicts with WSX's layout management, it made a lot of sense to split the two up so I can work on features and bugs without having to rely on figuring out what WSX is doing.

Bug fixes should come more frequently now that the two are split and should enable me to work on any features that FGU could support.

Azostar
November 1st, 2019, 19:49
v0.5.4 Reworked the codebase, fixed a ton of bugs, added a few features.

Just thought I'd make sure everyone knew that if you're going to update your old FGTabber extensions at some point, now is the best time. It won't interfere with any of your campaign data and won't require a new campaign to see the update. This release is super stable and you'll be impressed going from an older version to the new one.

StoryWeaver
November 1st, 2019, 20:33
Great innovation! Well done!

Tyrannosaurus VeX
November 2nd, 2019, 23:03
If you put an image to full-size (in the background/tabletop) and switch to a tab where the same image is open but not in the background, it gives you this error:

Script Error: [string "lua/TabberUtilities.lua"]:89: attempt to index global 'window' (a nil value)

Not sure if this is fixable, but I'm loving this extension and just wanted you to be aware, Azostar.

Azostar
November 3rd, 2019, 01:49
If you put an image to full-size (in the background/tabletop) and switch to a tab where the same image is open but not in the background, it gives you this error:

Script Error: [string "lua/TabberUtilities.lua"]:89: attempt to index global 'window' (a nil value)

Not sure if this is fixable, but I'm loving this extension and just wanted you to be aware, Azostar.

I shall take a look tomorrow, had a drink, shouldn't code :^)

Azostar
November 3rd, 2019, 16:10

Update v0.5.6 has fixed this error.

Azostar
November 4th, 2019, 11:56
v0.6.5 Drag and drop support, improved codebase, tab ordering.

You can now drag the tabs from the tab bar to re-order them, or otherwise place them onto your hotkey bar.

I hope to use this feature in the future to:

Let users share tabs through the chat
Hide the tab bar but still allow use of tabs.

michaelzep
November 12th, 2019, 07:14
Is there a way to save the info in a tab after closing the game? The tab names are there but when I click them after restarting the don't bring up the windows.

Azostar
November 12th, 2019, 12:27
Is there a way to save the info in a tab after closing the game? The tab names are there but when I click them after restarting the don't bring up the windows.

Seems to be saving the windows when I tested just now, do you have the latest version of the extension? What ruleset are you using the extension with?

michaelzep
November 12th, 2019, 13:24
I just used the default rule set for 5e. I just installed it a week ago but I can always redo it. I'll try to get to it tomorrow I'm at work right now.

notrealdan
November 12th, 2019, 16:43
If I have the Combat Tracker open in a tab (I usually place it on the left, covering most of the chat), switch to another tab, and then back to the tab with the CT, the CT opens again but almost all the way on the right side of the screen, partially off-screen. I'll try to duplicate with a fresh campaign with only FGTabber running when I get some time. Is this a known issue? Haven't noticed any mention of it. Other windows do stay where I put them, only the CT seems to be affected.

Azostar
November 12th, 2019, 17:49
If I have the Combat Tracker open in a tab (I usually place it on the left, covering most of the chat), switch to another tab, and then back to the tab with the CT, the CT opens again but almost all the way on the right side of the screen, partially off-screen. I'll try to duplicate with a fresh campaign with only FGTabber running when I get some time. Is this a known issue? Haven't noticed any mention of it. Other windows do stay where I put them, only the CT seems to be affected.

Can't seem to replicate the issue you're having, are you using any other extensions that could modify window positions or add to the combat tracker? What ruleset are you using? If you haven't tried already, update to the latest version as of 4/11

Dr0W
November 13th, 2019, 12:36
Hi! Thanks for the extension!

I'd like to report a bug. Whenever a player joins my games, they get a "Script Error: [string "lua/Tabber.lua"]:19: attempt to index a nil value" error. When they try to create tabs, they get a similar one.

Note that this DOESN'T happen when I try to log in with another client on the same computer. But when I tried logging in with another computer in the same network, I got the error too.

Azostar
November 13th, 2019, 13:12
Hi! Thanks for the extension!

I'd like to report a bug. Whenever a player joins my games, they get a "Script Error: [string "lua/Tabber.lua"]:19: attempt to index a nil value" error. When they try to create tabs, they get a similar one.

Note that this DOESN'T happen when I try to log in with another client on the same computer. But when I tried logging in with another computer in the same network, I got the error too.

Fixed the issue, try updating to the new upload. Problem was users were trying to grab data they didn't have access to.

If there are any more errors related to other players in your game let me know, unfortunately I don't have two accounts to test it with.

Dr0W
November 13th, 2019, 13:48
Now that's flash coding. Thanks a lot!

Now a suggestion: I have friends who stream. This tool comes really, really handy to them since they can switch between views and such.

How about a "lock" or "freeze" option on tabs, where when you lock them, it saves the windows states and never overrides it when you change tabs, (unless you unlock it, or hits the lock button again). While it wouldn't do what many people request: Locking windows in place, it would be a solution for it: If you move a window by accident, you just open that tab again and it's back in place. What do you think?

Azostar
November 13th, 2019, 14:01
Now that's flash coding. Thanks a lot!

Now a suggestion: I have friends who stream. This tool comes really, really handy to them since they can switch between views and such.

How about a "lock" or "freeze" option on tabs, where when you lock them, it saves the windows states and never overrides it when you change tabs, (unless you unlock it, or hits the lock button again). While it wouldn't do what many people request: Locking windows in place, it would be a solution for it: If you move a window by accident, you just open that tab again and it's back in place. What do you think?

I can easily add that, i'll put it in the main post

Dr0W
November 13th, 2019, 15:38
I can easily add that, i'll put it in the main post

Being a software developer myself I could tell it would be easy. But then again, I also learned to never ask for something stating "Hey, do this for me, it's really easy to implement!", when it might not be. :P

Thanks a lot for your effort, you rock.

notrealdan
November 13th, 2019, 18:39
Can't seem to replicate the issue you're having, are you using any other extensions that could modify window positions or add to the combat tracker? What ruleset are you using? If you haven't tried already, update to the latest version as of 4/11

I'm using D&D 5E and was using the latest version of FGTabber at the time, but I'll update to what's now the latest. I'm betting it's a conflict with another extension at fault. I'll test with another extension as soon as I can and will report back!

notrealdan
November 21st, 2019, 18:19

OK, I finally got some time to test and found a couple of things out.

First, the current version of FGTabber is supposed to be 0.6.6, but when I load that in FG, the chat box reports that it's 0.6.5. I'm absolutely sure I've downloaded the one currently attached to the first post as of today. So, it seems like either I'm really running 0.6.5 and the wrong file is posted here OR version 0.6.6 reports its version incorrectly.

I do see the behavior I mentioned the other day with the current version of FGTabber (as current as I can get, see above), with the current version of FGC (3.3.9), on a completely new campaign, with only FGTabber loaded. However, it's not just the CT that shows this behavior, but it seems all windows in FG act this way under a specific circumstance, which only affected my CT earlier by chance. Basically, any window just a little too far over to the left side of the screen (within a few pixels of the left boundary) will jump way over to the right the next time its tab is loaded (almost completely off-screen). Move it over just a few more pixels away from the left boundary, and it behaves normally. I tried this with the Combat Tracker, Story list, Notes list, and Character Selection and it's consistent with all of them.

I hope this helps!

Trenloe
November 21st, 2019, 18:24
If there are any more errors related to other players in your game let me know, unfortunately I don't have two accounts to test it with.
For testing player functionality you have a number of options - you don't need two FG accounts.

Start a second instance of FG on the same computer as the GM instance and "Join Game" with a servername of localhost
If you have another computer, or can run a VM on your main computer, load up FG on that without adding a FG license key. It will install as a demo copy. You can then join your GM session from that demo install - if your GM license is Standard then you can join only one demo player (and one player only), if you have an Ultimate license you can join without issue.

notrealdan
November 25th, 2019, 03:45

First, the current version of FGTabber is supposed to be 0.6.6, but when I load that in FG, the chat box reports that it's 0.6.5. I'm absolutely sure I've downloaded the one currently attached to the first post as of today. So, it seems like either I'm really running 0.6.5 and the wrong file is posted here OR version 0.6.6 reports its version incorrectly.

I do see the behavior I mentioned the other day with the current version of FGTabber (as current as I can get, see above), with the current version of FGC (3.3.9), on a completely new campaign, with only FGTabber loaded. However, it's not just the CT that shows this behavior, but it seems all windows in FG act this way under a specific circumstance, which only affected my CT earlier by chance. Basically, any window just a little too far over to the left side of the screen (within a few pixels of the left boundary) will jump way over to the right the next time its tab is loaded (almost completely off-screen). Move it over just a few more pixels away from the left boundary, and it behaves normally. I tried this with the Combat Tracker, Story list, Notes list, and Character Selection and it's consistent with all of them.

I hope this helps!

I discovered by chance during a game recently that something similar happens with the top boundary of the FG window also, not just the left boundary. If something is too close to (or overlapping) the top edge of the FG window, then you switch to another tab and back again, that item is no longer where I left it, but instead shows up way at the bottom of the FG window.

notrealdan
November 28th, 2019, 03:18
Hi @Azostar. Have you had a chance to review my comments above? The issue with windows moving around isn't a big deal, since it's easy to avoid now that I know how it behaves. However, I'd like to know that I have the latest version (0.6.6), but the file in the first post still reports that it's 0.6.5 instead. Is it just a mistake in the XML file?

All that stuff aside, thanks for this extension! It makes a big difference, especially with limited screen real estate!!

I'm also curious how other people are utilizing this extension and organizing their tabs. How do you organize your tabs and what kind of windows do you put on each? I'm using D&D 5E and I'm the DM. I have the Combat Tracker on every tab, and I generally have tabs for:

Party: Here I put each character sheet, the Party window, and the window from the Request Roll extension (aka Roll for Initiative).
Story: Here I put story entries and session notes (which are just story entries).
Map: Here I have the current battle map.

One issue I have is that I rely on the map pins a lot, so the Map tab ends up getting filled with Story entries I've opened from a map. Is there an easy way to send a window to a different tab? I could use a hot-key for that I guess (drag the story I want to move to a hotkey, close it, change tabs, open it with the hotkey). Minor issue, overall.

Tyrannosaurus VeX
December 5th, 2019, 02:42
@Azostar I don't have a bug, but I do have a suggested feature that might be nice:

If you can make the ability to lock any window in place, that would be highly useful I think. To make it so that you can't accidentally make something unaccessible, you could make it so they are unlocked when you restart Fantasy Grounds.

I have no idea if this is possible, but it would be really nice I think and prevent accidental window movements.

Azostar
December 20th, 2019, 13:36
Hey guys, quick update from me.

I've been sent a few messages and had emails about replies on the thread, for transparencies sake I've pretty busy looking for a job over the past few weeks and it's something that I will be prioritising over working on the extension.

That being said, it has been a while since I've updated the extension so I'll be running through any questions and bug reports that have been bought up in the thread during my absence, hopefully I can roll out an update after or even before the new year.

Azostar
December 20th, 2019, 13:42
@Azostar I don't have a bug, but I do have a suggested feature that might be nice:

If you can make the ability to lock any window in place, that would be highly useful I think. To make it so that you can't accidentally make something unaccessible, you could make it so they are unlocked when you restart Fantasy Grounds.

I have no idea if this is possible, but it would be really nice I think and prevent accidental window movements.

It's definitely something that I can look into, although it would probably fall into another extension entirely. If I'm able to make it happen I'll probably roll out a bundle for UI extensions similar to the DOE extensions dulux-oz makes.

Azostar
December 20th, 2019, 13:45

I hope this helps!

This helps a lot, I believe the way the window positions are stored and loaded are effecting this. I'll try and get this fixed ASAP.

The chat box calling out the wrong version is an error on my part, I have to manually change that value and I just forgot :D

Graylock
March 1st, 2020, 15:46
This sounds great, but I'm just not understanding how to make it work. I feel like a dummy, but maybe you can explain.
To start, I'm using a mac, just sayin...

"Right click the tab bar and select add tab to add a new tab"

What is the tab bar? I have no tabs on any windows I open. Right clicking a window, or any other space on the tabletop provides no new FGtabber features for me

"Right click an existing tab and press edit to edit. Save by clicking another text window or pressing enter"

Again, no tabs I see or even know to exist. What the heck am I missing? Can this only be used by players, and not the DM?
I've run it with other themes loaded and without any loaded. Same results

Thanks much

notrealdan
March 2nd, 2020, 03:13
This sounds great, but I'm just not understanding how to make it work. I feel like a dummy, but maybe you can explain.
To start, I'm using a mac, just sayin...

"Right click the tab bar and select add tab to add a new tab"

What is the tab bar? I have no tabs on any windows I open. Right clicking a window, or any other space on the tabletop provides no new FGtabber features for me

"Right click an existing tab and press edit to edit. Save by clicking another text window or pressing enter"

Again, no tabs I see or even know to exist. What the heck am I missing? Can this only be used by players, and not the DM?
I've run it with other themes loaded and without any loaded. Same results

Thanks much

Take a look at the screenshots in the first post here. The tab bar is the dark-colored bar running along the top of the entire FG window itself. If that’s not showing up for you, then you don’t have the extension loaded or something else is wrong.

Graylock
March 2nd, 2020, 17:13
Got it and that works. Guess it was me and not my mac’s fault! Thanks much.

raynbowbrite
March 30th, 2020, 15:09
Tried this over the weekend and it was amazing, really helped with screen real estate. Thanks!

vaughnlannister
April 3rd, 2020, 10:55
Hey great extension, I love using it. Perhaps it is due to that I'm using FGU, but sometimes the tabs become empty, and I have to re add the sheets I put there. Its no major fuz, still works good.

Pepor
April 10th, 2020, 09:55
Amazing! Thanks!

Torment
April 10th, 2020, 11:18
Alright, mate! This is the best extension ever seen. Well done and thanks so much!!

TheMookNet
April 10th, 2020, 17:54
Whaaaaaat?? Wow, Azostar, this is fantastic! Thanks so much!

(at least at first glance, it's working with the unofficial GURPS ruleset)

Checkyboy
April 11th, 2020, 05:56
Hmmm … I can't seem to get it to work with the DCC ruleset. It's in my list of choosable extensions, but after FGU boots up, I don't see any tab functionality … help?

TheMookNet
April 11th, 2020, 10:59
Hmmm … I can't seem to get it to work with the DCC ruleset. It's in my list of choosable extensions, but after FGU boots up, I don't see any tab functionality … help?

Hiya Checkyboy, it can be hard to notice at first even if it's installed, just wanted to check. If it's loaded, the top bar of the UI gets "thicker" (I'm assuming, I don't know what the DCC UI looks like) and the chat window should say "FGTabber v.0.6.5 by Aaron S. Dunsford." This is what it looks like in the GURPS ruleset (top is without, bottom is with).

If it is loaded, right-clicking the top bar should give you an option to create your first Tab.

Checkyboy
April 12th, 2020, 04:59
Got it working … thanks!

Arwarkr
May 13th, 2020, 16:21
UPDATE: Good news - I noticed that the extension had even stopped working in FGC, so on a whim, I redownloaded the extension and reinstalled it. Now works again in both FGC and FGU. No idea what went wrong, but at least it's solved, right?

If I had to pick one extension I really don't want to live without, it's probably this one. I appreciate the work you put into it, and don't know if you're currently still working on it, but I'm now getting errors (see below) when running the extension with FGU that I don't think were there when I last tried a few months ago.

Unfortunately, I can't pinpoint with which exact version this started, but the first error message shows up before even doing anything. Creating and renaming tabs still works, but unselecting a tab causes an error ("Script execution error: [string "lua/TabberUtilities.lua"]:100"), below and switching between them no longer seems to do anything - they're all showing the same window state. Deleting a tab results in an error as well (" Script execution error: [string "lua/Tabber.lua"]:112: table index is nil").

[5/13/2020 4:55:49 PM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-04-28)
[some irrelevant FGU initialization stuff including my IP]
[5/13/2020 4:56:43 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "lua/Tabber.lua"]:68: table index is nil
[5/13/2020 4:56:44 PM] RULESET: 5E ruleset v3.3.11 for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
[5/13/2020 4:56:44 PM] RULESET: CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.11 for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
[5/13/2020 4:56:44 PM] EXTENSION: Dungeons & Dragons Language Fonts (FR) v1.0\rfor Fantasy Grounds\rCopyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC.\rD&D Copyright 2015 Wizards of the Coast LLC.
[5/13/2020 4:56:44 PM] EXTENSION: Curse of Strahd Desktop Decal loaded
[5/13/2020 4:56:44 PM] EXTENSION: 5E Enhancer v0.9.1
[5/13/2020 4:56:44 PM] EXTENSION: FGTabber v0.6.5 by Aaron S. Dunford
[5/13/2020 4:57:15 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "lua/TabberUtilities.lua"]:100: attempt to index local 'tabData' (a nil value)
[5/13/2020 4:57:18 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "lua/TabberUtilities.lua"]:100: attempt to index local 'tabData' (a nil value)
[5/13/2020 4:57:25 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "lua/TabberUtilities.lua"]:100: attempt to index local 'tabData' (a nil value)
[5/13/2020 4:57:35 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "lua/TabberUtilities.lua"]:100: attempt to index local 'tabData' (a nil value)
[5/13/2020 4:58:02 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "lua/TabberUtilities.lua"]:100: attempt to index local 'tabData' (a nil value)
[5/13/2020 4:58:22 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "lua/Tabber.lua"]:112: table index is nil

ShaunB
September 27th, 2020, 22:38
This is awesome! Works great in the latest version of FGU! Thanks for sharing. Window management is so much easier with this.

Jiminimonka
October 3rd, 2020, 23:42
Hopefully this extension is one that gets added into the default functionality of FantasyGrounds at some point, or something better for managing the desktop. Good work!

similarly
December 24th, 2020, 09:16
Does this work with 5e? never mind. It works fine.

Weissrolf
December 26th, 2020, 13:33
I just noticed that FG Tabber opens all windows from the last session automatically when switching to another tab. But for the first/main tab you first have to switch back and forth.

Is it possible to implement the first tab opening its windows automatically upon start?

It would also be nice if FB Tabber restored the correct tab of any windows it restores after a campaign is loaded (like character sheet tabs like Actions).

Overall fantastic extension! :)

charmov
December 26th, 2020, 19:29
So dope.

eporrini
December 30th, 2020, 22:25
I notice Tabber does not work with Better Menus or The Clock Adjuster extension. Any chance you can take a look and see if compatibility is possible?

similarly
December 31st, 2020, 00:27
I notice Tabber does not work with Better Menus or The Clock Adjuster extension. Any chance you can take a look and see if compatibility is possible?

What happens with the Clock Adjuster? Tabs doesn't work, or the clock doesn't work? I'd never seen the clock adjuster before and it looks cool, so I'm going to load it up and see what happens.

EDIT: Okay, just used clock adjuster with FG Tabber, and the tabs still work and the clock works. Clock adjuster does NOT however, work with Player Agency Extension's "Dear Diary" because they do basically the same thing. Clock adjuster works, but dear diary doesn't. small price to pay, I think, since the rest of PAE seems to be working okay.

EDIT 2: WHOOPS! Totally wrong. Clock adjuster DOES work with PAE's Dear Diary. It just looks different. All my notes and the date were perfectly preserved! COOL!

Weissrolf
December 31st, 2020, 00:41
The Clock Adjuster window does not appear when FGTabber is active. Presumably Tabber replaces a function that Clock needs to display its window.

similarly
December 31st, 2020, 02:51
Are you SURE it's FGT getting in the way? I have both active, and they're both showing up for me. I had FGTabber first, and just put clock adjuster there now.

Weissrolf
December 31st, 2020, 08:38
It's like the combination with third extension that breaks this. If I only load Tabber and Time Manager (fork of Clock Adjuster) then it works. I will go through my list and report back which third extension is the culprit.

Weissrolf
December 31st, 2020, 08:47
I found the culprit: Combining Tabber with Combat Timer makes the chat window stay on top of CT instead of the other way around. So the CT is present, but not visible if it originally was moved on top of the chat window.

similarly
December 31st, 2020, 09:12
Combat tracker ... hmmm ... is that an extension?

Bonkon
December 31st, 2020, 20:07
Combat tracker ... hmmm ... is that an extension?

Good Day Similarly :)
I believe he said Combat Timer was the extension that caused the conflict. :)

similarly
December 31st, 2020, 23:15
AH! I see.

intergalactic
January 24th, 2021, 19:47
I am loving this extension. Depending on timing, when you're ready to do some graphics, reach out. I can possibly help with that.

Also, what is the chance you could sync tabs to the players? I'm thinking I could use the tabs to plan scenes ... placing images, maps, and associated NPCs in different tabs. And then even moving between tabs. One thought is that, currently, my players are hanging around Saltmarsh quite a bit. It would be great to have a tab with all my notes and maps for Saltmarsh ready to go for when they arrive in the city... Currently, I can do this. What I can't do — or, at least, it doesn't look like I can: is share that tab with my players.

Of course, the question becomes: what do my players see when I shift them to that tab. I think it would be any images that I have shared. And if they have closed those images, I would need to re-share them or the players would need to re-open them.

Anyway. Just some thoughts. But absolutely love this extension.

emeraldincognito
February 15th, 2021, 01:37
This extension is absolutely incredible - thank you!

Unfortunately, it conflicts with the "Better Menus" extension. I get these two messages:

It would be excellent if you could make the two compatible.

Thanks again.

Kumajuhl
February 17th, 2021, 20:55
Please please please tell me this extension is still being supported, the February 16th update broke it a bit :( It seems to be working well, but I worry it'll deteriorate overtime. The only issue at the moment is a box outline and a refresh button that appears (and players can also see)

Zacchaeus
February 17th, 2021, 21:35
The author of this extension has not been active in over a year so I suspect that it won't be updated.

Trenloe
February 17th, 2021, 21:36
They logged on last month, so maybe not all hope is lost...

similarly
February 17th, 2021, 22:56
Works fine for me. I haven't actually tried to tab, but the button is there, and I suspect it's fine.

Weissrolf
February 18th, 2021, 08:06
So what happened to the "Identitylist" window class that FBTabber is trying to instantiate unsuccessfully?

similarly
February 18th, 2021, 12:21
I've tested tabbing, and it works for me after today's update (the 2nd update this week).

SirMotte
February 19th, 2021, 01:01
Please please please tell me this extension is still being supported, the February 16th update broke it a bit :( It seems to be working well, but I worry it'll deteriorate overtime. The only issue at the moment is a box outline and a refresh button that appears (and players can also see)

This looks like part of the new portraits UI.

IceBear
February 21st, 2021, 18:24

That's the portrait unlock button that you're seeing... I believe you'll see that even if you turn off FGTabber... I do

SmackDaddy
February 22nd, 2021, 00:04
The issue Kumajuhl saw is the same thing I saw with FGTabber loaded but I do not have the portrait extension loaded....is this what you are talking about with the mention of "Portrait Unlock" and "Portraits UI"?

Zacchaeus
February 22nd, 2021, 02:18
The portraits at the top left of the screen can be unlocked and moved to a different place. This was part of the ruleset updates earlier this week. Nothing to do with extensions.

Weissrolf
February 22nd, 2021, 08:34
Problem is that the portrait unlock button vanishes when FGTabber is loaded. The portraits cannot be moved then thus cover the FGTabber bar.

Weissrolf
February 22nd, 2021, 10:23
Remove the following lines in \FGTabber\xml\override\layout.xml to fix (workaround) the current issues:

Lines 65 - 72
Lines 91 - 97

Instead of deleting said lines you can also put a <!-- before and --> after each block.

Portraits will then be partially covered by the FGTabber toolbar, but you can right-click on them to unlock and then move them down. This will also properly reveal the portrait lock button.

IceBear
February 25th, 2021, 13:15
I actually found a problem which might be Savage Worlds specific. When I click on Items, all the tabs have text except Armor. If I remove FGTabber the text is shown

Stargrove
February 27th, 2021, 04:48
There seems to be a problem with moving the characters around. When I turn off FGTabber, unlock the portraits, movie it to a new position, relock it, and then re-enable FGTabber, the new portrait location does not seem to get saved and I am back where I started.

Weissrolf
February 27th, 2021, 08:21
When you apply the changes I posted (removed lines) then you don't have to turn off FGTabber to move the portraits and they will stay put.

Vayne187
April 13th, 2021, 16:21
Does this still work or is there an alternative that works for FGU? I saw the notice on the first page about this .ext being broken.

Kumajuhl
April 13th, 2021, 16:39
It works but it presents errors. Soomeone provided a way to fix it if you read the previous posts, but I'm not entirely sure how to do it ��

Weissrolf
April 13th, 2021, 16:42
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51659-FGTabber-More-space-for-your-FG-client&p=581235&viewfull=1#post581235

raynbowbrite
May 21st, 2021, 14:18
Nm, I figured it out!

lozanoje
July 22nd, 2021, 18:06
Hi:

Where is the tab info stored?, I have problems with tabs info dissapearing from one session to the next one, and I'd like to make a copy of the tab config in case I want to restore tabs and dont loose the current state of the adventure.

I've searched the xml files, and doesnt seem to be there, but there must be in the campaign folder, since I made a backup just after the game that I restored succesfully when tabs dissapeared.

Any clues?

lozanoje
July 22nd, 2021, 18:13
I've just found it... it is at the CampaignRegistry.lua file in the campaign folder and I've figured out why tab config dissapeared:

CampaignRegistry.lua:

["Tabber"] = {
["version"] = "v0.6.6",
["GM"] = { [.... tab configuration ...]

Tab config is linked to GM name, if you change it, then FGTabber assumes it is a new GM and removes the tab config, just change the name of the GM, change at CampaignRegistry.lua the GM name to the new one and it will work again.

eporrini
July 26th, 2021, 22:18
Does anyone know if this is this compatible with Celestian's better menu's yet?

nephranka
January 5th, 2022, 01:58
Looks like the newest update removed the tab entries and left the bar blank?

Edit: So it still works, It just lost all the existing tabs. Maybe it is something I did...strange Either way I am glad it is still working!

Azostar
January 14th, 2022, 13:13
How is this still working? Was sure it would be broken by now :p

intergalactic
January 14th, 2022, 13:15
How is this still working? Was sure it would be broken by now :p

Yeah, it's still kicking and still pretty useful! Would love to see more updates if you had the time for it.

Azostar
January 14th, 2022, 13:32
Personal time investment is a pretty big factor in me working on this and the truth is my original motivation is lost to time now; when I wrote the extension I was angry with a user whom said an extension like this one doesn't exist, it isn't needed, and the whole concept is dumb. I was just a poor FG newbie looking for some nice organisation and play flow tools!

Not making any promises, but it's a possibility (now that I am picking up running campaigns again) that I will come back to this; a few of my players could use the extension and feedback might drive me to polish it up a little.

Thanks to everyone still using and supporting this extension, it was a nice surprise to come back to!

Weissrolf
January 14th, 2022, 15:30
One of my important extensions. ;)

I did not check if updates are available since I posted my little fix here, but it's just working as expected, so everything is good.

nephranka
January 17th, 2022, 15:12
I agree with @Weissrolf, this is a great and very useful extension!

eporrini
January 17th, 2022, 15:57
Does this work with better menus? Also, does this work without manual modification from me (meaning there’s a packaged file that’s updated)?

nephranka
March 19th, 2022, 21:58
Ran into a conflict with an ext called random spellbook generator. When both are on the two button next the Templates on the items windows lose their text. They still work. Passing it along. They other dev is guessing an old sting format.

jharp
March 19th, 2022, 23:21
Given that FGTabber is based on WSX and i'm currently supporting WSX I'll take a look. No promises.

Jason

nephranka
March 19th, 2022, 23:26
Given that FGTabber is based on WSX and i'm currently supporting WSX I'll take a look. No promises.

Jason

Cool!

jharp
March 20th, 2022, 00:03
I'm not a user of this extension so if you can report, with details, things that are broken that would be great. I did note the error with identitylist which I have remedied. Does that error prevent all functionality?

Edit: I also note the empty text buttons on Items and NPCs which I presume is not expected behaviour. :)
Jason

jharp
March 20th, 2022, 00:41
Ran into a conflict with an ext called random spellbook generator. When both are on the two button next the Templates on the items windows lose their text. They still work. Passing it along. They other dev is guessing an old sting format.

Its seems actually related to a removal of a strings resource that used to exist in 5E.

nephranka
March 20th, 2022, 01:03
Its seems actually related to a removal of a strings resource that used to exist in 5E.

I am glad it was easy to find and fix. I can certainly test any fixes as I use this all the time. Where would I find the newest version?

jharp
March 20th, 2022, 01:10
This will be on forge under FGTabber2 in the next day. Once you have the new version let me know if anything is buggy.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/565/view

Jason

jharp
March 21st, 2022, 16:32
The forge site is now active. Report any issues you find in this thread. Also, make certain to remove the old extension from your extension folder.

Thanks,
Jason

Weissrolf
March 21st, 2022, 17:21
Great, thanks.

Valyar
March 22nd, 2022, 07:46
I recommend to get a new thread for this extension and in the initial forum post link to the original source. I will definitely try this extension.

jharp
March 22nd, 2022, 16:59
New support thread is at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?73131-FGTabber2-More-space-for-your-FG-client