PDA

View Full Version : FGU crashing when loading module

BlackMagee
October 29th, 2019, 23:18
Hey all,

I usually run starfinder so I decided to test that ruleset first.

Unfortunately, I cannot load the core rulebook module without FGU crashing.

LordEntrails
October 29th, 2019, 23:31
Error message?

BlackMagee
October 30th, 2019, 01:29
I don't get any, my screen goes black for a second and the program quit by itself. It also make other things crash like discord and firefox. Is there some sort of log that i can acces to send you what is going on?

LordEntrails
October 30th, 2019, 01:57
console.log file in your FGU data directory. Might be other log files too. What does it say?

ddavison
October 30th, 2019, 02:40
Can you post some system specs for us to review?

There is a known issue we started seeing with a recent build where RAM is exceptionally high. If you can reproduce while keeping Task Manager open, that might provide some valuable information for us to follow up on.

Atreides Ghola
October 30th, 2019, 14:25
Can you post some system specs for us to review?

There is a known issue we started seeing with a recent build where RAM is exceptionally high. If you can reproduce while keeping Task Manager open, that might provide some valuable information for us to follow up on.

I've been able to push RAM usage up to cause a crash on multiple systems with multiple amounts of RAM installed (4G, 16G, and 32G). Loaded .mod files from the library while watching usage in Task Manager - in all cases, loading enough items pushes the RAM usage up to the physical memory installed, and crashes the program. It also crashes any open browser windows. I can send log files when I get home from work if you'd like.

The primary machine I use has
i5-9400F 2.9/4.2Ghz (runs at 3.9Ghz with FGU running)
Win10 Home
16GB/32GB RAM (tested with both amounts)
GTX 1070 x 2
Aorus z390 Pro MB
Corsair Gold RMX 850 PSU

ddavison
October 30th, 2019, 14:45
Thanks for the additional info. We have this logged to research and fix as a high priority.

Chris CB
October 30th, 2019, 15:22
I think I've got the same issue. I'm trying to load official DD5e Module (Monsters, GM, ...). For the first one, it's long but it works and for the second one, FG has crashed. There's nothing on the console log.

I'm on a mac with parallel and windows 10 installed. I've read in a thread (I can't find it) that it should work (some people are testing FGU with this configuration).

Chris CB
October 30th, 2019, 16:03
I've increase the memory available for windows (I was a bit too low with 2gb) and with 8gb it's not crashing anymore.

ddavison
October 30th, 2019, 16:18
Great. We still need to address excessive RAM usage. Hopefully we can resolve that quickly.