PDA

View Full Version : Moving Character sheets

mrbyte
November 11th, 2006, 19:42
I am preparing to play a Super hero's campaign and had one of my players log on to generate his character, which he did.
He left the character mostly finished and I was going to fill in the blanks
when I came to do this I could not find his character? he has since emailed the xml to me and I placed in in the CHARACTERS folder (not the campaign specific folder that is also there) and it shows up.
I then generated another character and transfered it to a character sheet in the gm screen. but it does not appear now when I restart the gm package of FG.
so whats the deal here?
I can access the charaters from the 'view local characters' part of the FG package but will my players have access to these characters when the playing starts?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm getting pretty confused with this :confused:

Steve

Oberoten
November 11th, 2006, 20:33
If it is stored as a local character you may need to start up one session as host and another to join. Chose the local version as your char on the local server and it will be copied into being a server character.

If anyone has a faster solution I am ALL ears.

Toadwart
November 11th, 2006, 20:45
Copying the character xml directly into the db.xml file for your campaign also works. Just be careful when doing so (and always back up db.xml before you change it ;) )

mrbyte
November 12th, 2006, 13:38
Thank you for that gentlemen. I can now see the characters in host mode.
Will the players will see the characters as well and be able to select thiers?

thanks for the help

joshuha
November 12th, 2006, 13:47
Thank you for that gentlemen. I can now see the characters in host mode.
Will the players will see the characters as well and be able to select thiers?

thanks for the help

Yep if you can see them they will see them just fine.

Griogre
November 12th, 2006, 17:34
But... They may well see two characters. They will want to select the server character not the local. This confuses new players sometimes or they scoll down the character list until they see the first character with the character name not realizing the first is the local character and the second one they don't see is the server one.