PDA

View Full Version : Client Crashing

Mandrake75
October 29th, 2019, 18:21
When I attempt to load the modules at the beginning, if I load 5e SRD, Core Rules, or Basic Rules I'm fine and have no issues. If I attempt to load all 5e rules the Unity client crashes. At times it's just crashed with no error and at times it's crashed and given me an error that <memory location> referenced memory at 0x00000 and was unable to write and then crashed the video card (screen goes black, but the computer still runs and attempts to relaunch the drivers,) sometimes causing USB drivers to crash at the same time, sometimes causing the basic video drivers built into Windows 10 to load. I am using an older video card (Nvidia GeForce GTX 960) but I'd think it should be enough to handle this. I am running a dual monitor setup and I do notice that it seems that my secondary monitor blacks out before my primary.

(Edited to add I just updated to the latest driver for the card and that didn't resolve the issue.)

mattekure
October 29th, 2019, 18:33
how much RAM does your machine have? when I loaded all the 5e Core rules, RAM usage jumped up to 8Gb.

Mandrake75
October 29th, 2019, 18:37
8 GB. Sounds like I might need to add some if your RAM usage jumped to my full amount just to load the rulesets.

mattekure
October 29th, 2019, 18:40
At least for now. I expect things will improve with the testing, but for now, it does seem to use a lot of memory even for just the basic files.

jevel
October 29th, 2019, 19:37
Recreated this with a computer with 8 GiB RAM. On my main I got FGu up to 13 GiB RAM usage before it went down to about 4 GiB after a while.

ddavison
October 30th, 2019, 17:01
Thanks for reporting. This has been logged in a ticket to address the high RAM usage for loading modules.

H2Os
October 30th, 2019, 17:34
I don't know if it matters, but when you unload the modules the memory usage remains high.
about 1 minute after unloading everything:
Several minutes later: I'm still sitting about 13.6gb in use