PDA

View Full Version : Feature wishes to play other games

Naughty Sparkle
October 29th, 2019, 16:57
Hi these are my wishes that this program could be used to play other games. These are a bit generic and in my opinion would add a lot to provide support for games that do not have built in rulesets.
Using fantasy grounds has been annoying when I don't care for 5th edition dnd or similar games. I do not want to constantly search for extensions that provide functionality to play something else or having to create the tools by myself. There has been a lot of improvisation, thinking how to not use thing in intended manner. I understand the need to provide support for popular systems but there is a golden age of role-playing games where there are fantastic and unique creations made every day.

Organizable Textboxes in character sheets
There are bunches of games that would benefit from these, attribute boxes are not enough. There is not enough space to write down. The numbers aren't useful in most situations, and they are linked to modifiers. This feels not really useful. In addition, it would be great to be able to name the tabs.

Checkboxes in character sheets
They could be used for checking for conditions, checking that the player used an ability, competed objective, received an injury.

Slides
These could be useful to track turns, track time. In blades in the dark they could be used to provide clocks to things, they could be pulled to maps. Named etc. Essentially series of pictures that can be named.

Custom card decks
There are games that use cards. Cards can be used to refrence actions, conditions. Games built with burning wheel "engine" such as torchbearer and mouse guard, would greatly benefit from this. I'm sure there are situations where other games would benefit from this too.

GM Layer in maps.
This is for taking notes.

Kelrugem
October 29th, 2019, 17:43
GM Layer in maps.
This is for taking notes.

Basically you have now GM layers :) You can hide every layer for the players with that eye icon left to it which has three states (visible, invisible and only visibile to GM) :) (didn't really test that yet)

Naughty Sparkle
October 29th, 2019, 17:45
I opened the Core RPG and looked at the features. I suppose I missed that one. Thanks for pointing it out.