PDA

View Full Version : Bug Report 1

StoryWeaver
October 29th, 2019, 16:13
Bugs

Image Placement:
Dropping image in open Group from Assets, does not add that image to the group, but instead as a New image.

F/X Leak:
Adding any f/x to any image. Will "leak" over to other images, replicating the effect when doing other things, such as adding a grid, moving an NPC etc.

From my testing it seems like it's linked to trigger after a set number of actions on the map interface.
Draggin an NPC with the mouse for example, will trigger it quite fast due to continual placement updates. Where as using the numpad to move an NPC will only trigger after x number of movements.

Also it seems as if the f/x gets linked to one or more NPCs on any map (does not need to be the map the f/x was added to). In one of my tests, one of the NPCs would trigger the f/x, where as another did not.

If more than one f/x has been tested it will rotate rapidly between them when moving an NPC. It even seems that the f'x gets multiplied sometimes, adding another layer on top each time. Trying the blizzard one like this for example, eventually lead to a total whiteout of the map.

Unable to remove F/X:
Unable to remove f/x. Deleting the f/x layer does not seem to be enough. It seems to linger in memory, "leaking" over to other maps.

Token (GM) > Show name > Title Hover:
Name remains constant, just as if 'Show name > Title' had been selected, without the hover element.

Switch to Token (GM) > Show name > Off after restart:
If switch to 'Show name > Off' after restart that had 'Show name > Title' set before. The title bar dissapears but the the name text itself remains as a static object on the map. Moving the NPC token away leaves the static text behind on the map as a permanent fixture unlinked to the token itself.

Potential Script Issues

Comm.deliverChatMessage, icon positioning:
local chatMessage = {font = "msgfont", icon = "dot_blue", text = sMessage};
Comm.deliverChatMessage(chatMessage);

Now places icon to the middle left of text, instead of at the top left as was the case before. Not sure if this is by accident or intended with a new tag to select the icons positioning relative to text.
This may look better with shorter text outputs, but worse with longer text outputs.

ansar0
October 29th, 2019, 17:09
Not sure if it is a bug or not. If host loses connection to the Internet while hosting the game will still be on the cloud. Like right now it says I am hosting. But I am not and cant host a game until that one closes oddly enough.

ReverendJ
October 29th, 2019, 18:32
Bugs

Image Placement:
Dropping image in open Group from Assets, does not add that image to the group, but instead as a New image.

F/X Leak:
Adding any f/x to any image. Will "leak" over to other images, replicating the effect when doing other things, such as adding a grid, moving an NPC etc.

From my testing it seems like it's linked to trigger after a set number of actions on the map interface.
Draggin an NPC with the mouse for example, will trigger it quite fast due to continual placement updates. Where as using the numpad to move an NPC will only trigger after x number of movements.

Also it seems as if the f/x gets linked to one or more NPCs on any map (does not need to be the map the f/x was added to). In one of my tests, one of the NPCs would trigger the f/x, where as another did not.

If more than one f/x has been tested it will rotate rapidly between them when moving an NPC. It even seems that the f'x gets multiplied sometimes, adding another layer on top each time. Trying the blizzard one like this for example, eventually lead to a total whiteout of the map.

Unable to remove F/X:
Unable to remove f/x. Deleting the f/x layer does not seem to be enough. It seems to linger in memory, "leaking" over to other maps.

Token (GM) > Show name > Title Hover:
Name remains constant, just as if 'Show name > Title' had been selected, without the hover element.

Switch to Token (GM) > Show name > Off after restart:
If switch to 'Show name > Off' after restart that had 'Show name > Title' set before. The title bar dissapears but the the name text itself remains as a static object on the map. Moving the NPC token away leaves the static text behind on the map as a permanent fixture unlinked to the token itself.

Potential Script Issues

Comm.deliverChatMessage, icon positioning:
local chatMessage = {font = "msgfont", icon = "dot_blue", text = sMessage};
Comm.deliverChatMessage(chatMessage);

Now places icon to the middle left of text, instead of at the top left as was the case before. Not sure if this is by accident or intended with a new tag to select the icons positioning relative to text.
This may look better with shorter text outputs, but worse with longer text outputs.

I had exactly this FX leak issue.

I added a LOS layer & marked up some walls. Added a FX layer, changed the FX a few times. Removed FX layer, then switched to play mode & moved token with cursor keys, every 3rd or 4th move made a different effect appear.

jevel
October 29th, 2019, 19:53
Extreme GPU load when maps are open.

Running on an nVidia GTX1080ti here, if I open maps 6 and 7 from DMG maps, the GPU load will be high 60s / low 70s and stay there.

I have recreated this a few times and had a reboot in between to be sure.

AMD ThreadRipper CPU, Windows 10, 1903 latest patches, driver version 441.08 for the GPU.

jadedragonette
October 29th, 2019, 20:16
Can confirm the "unable to remove FX" portion of this report. Created an FX layer to see what the FX options were on a map, cycled through them once, then deleted the FX layer. Started working on LoS placement on the map. Every so many clicks (I didn't keep a count and it seemed a little randomized), the FX would cycle even though no FX layer existed, sometimes adding on multiple fx layers (even though I only tested a single FX layer with one effect active at a time). Closing/reopening the map did nothing, though I didn't expect it to. Restarting FGU beta, however, did fix the issue.

ddavison
October 30th, 2019, 02:50
Thanks for reporting.

We have noted these issues to address. There does seem to be some current issues around deleting layers that I marked as High priority because it shows up in a few places.

Moon Wizard
November 2nd, 2019, 01:18
@Styrmir,

Asset Drop to Images List does not use current group
Filed as FGU-571.

FX Bleed and Unable to remove FX
Filed as FGU-623. Carl may need some detailed steps to recreate, if he can't recreate internally.

Token widget title hover option always shown
Filed as FGU-624.

Token widget remains on map after turning off title option
Filed as FGU-625.

Chat entry icon placement
Yes, the icons were specifically centered to the other objects being drawn. Can you provide some examples of where this is bad? It's sort of a trade-off, since most messages are fairly small.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
November 2nd, 2019, 01:19
For the others, please post your reports in new threads, unless they exactly match the original posters reports.

Thanks,
JPG

StoryWeaver
November 2nd, 2019, 02:22
@MoonWizard

You guys are doing a fantastic job I must say!

As for the icon placement. While in most situations centering the icon is probably the best option.
There may be situations like in my 5E Enhancer extension for example where you're dealing with a block of text. Players and GM can post spell and ability details directly to the chat, to save the GM and players time looking things up. As players may not always be able to link information for the GM. Replicating functionality from Roll20 here in our beloved FG. :)

As you can see in the screenshot, the first two images from the left are from FGC and the latter two are from FGU.
The icon helps to make things look tidy and separate one block of text from the next, when the icon is at the top left.

Garantor
November 2nd, 2019, 02:28
I noticed the same behavior with F/X on images. Even when removed, they seemed gone until I did something on that or any other image and then they would come back.

StoryWeaver
November 2nd, 2019, 02:35
A further update on the F/X multiplying and "leaking" issue. I noticed just now as I was doing some testing.

Adding a f/x layer to an image, then selecting an effect like snow. Resizing the window by dragging the lower right part of the window, will quickly multiply that same effect in the background (not visible as added layers or anything like that on the interface). Layering it on top of the current one until in the case of 'snow' the map becomes all snowed out dissapearing behind the white.

This then bleeds onto all other maps that are at least currently open.