PDA

View Full Version : [QUESTION] What to report?

Allmight
October 29th, 2019, 15:36
Sorry for a dumb question, but could not see any info about it, so here goes.

Should we report bugs only specific to FGU, or should we also report bugs in rulesets and other modules that only show up under FGU?

Don't want to spam this forum with bug reports you currently don't want.

FG_Wraith
October 29th, 2019, 15:53
Not dumb at all, what a 'beta' is nowadays is not as clear as it used to be. Right now the focus is on base FGU functionality. This beta is just out of alpha so foundational issues and updater stress testing is paramount.

Also remember to access the log when you think something might be going wrong during updates. Scroll all the way down to access the latest information, and re-open the log to get new information as it does not auto-update.

Allmight
October 29th, 2019, 16:01
Not dumb at all, what a 'beta' is nowadays is not as clear as it used to be. Right now the focus is on base FGU functionality. This beta is just out of alpha so foundational issues and updater stress testing is paramount.

Okay, thats good to know. Even though the focus is on FGU atm, it can't hurt to report ruleset bugs, since rulesets are an integral part of FGU. I will however refrain from reporting bugs in other modules for the time being.

FG_Wraith
October 29th, 2019, 16:04
Okay, thats good to know. Even though the focus is on FGU atm, it can't hurt to report ruleset bugs, since rulesets are an integral part of FGU. I will however refrain from reporting bugs in other modules for the time being.

Just to clarify, if the module is currently included in the test (i.e. it came with the base FGU beta test and not user added) then it is part of the test. Failure to load that module or errors with FGU not handling that module correctly are within the scope of this stage of testing.

Allmight
October 29th, 2019, 16:11
Just to clarify, if the module is currently included in the test (i.e. it came with the base FGU beta test and not user added) then it is part of the test. Failure to load that module or errors with FGU not handling that module correctly are within the scope of this stage of testing.

Ah, that clarifies it. Thank you :)

LordEntrails
October 29th, 2019, 23:48
Good question and thanks for the detailed answers!