PDA

View Full Version : Can a player without FGU license join my game?

brunocalado
October 29th, 2019, 14:22
Can a player without FGU license join my game?

I'm FGU ultimate.

damned
October 29th, 2019, 14:29
No.

ddavison
October 29th, 2019, 14:46
We want to restrict the Beta at this time to backers of the Kickstarter. They should each have their own license.

Once we get a little further into the Beta, we will loosen this restriction.

Modu
October 29th, 2019, 20:24
My two cents, any extra free QA testers in a beta stage is a bonus for you guys.

Also, since I can't use it with my players, and I have to run that game still, I'm less inclined to test this now because I can't share it with them. So, you may have just lost a GM tester who was trading sleep for FGU.

I don't understand any need to restrict this.

ddavison
October 29th, 2019, 20:32
It's about setting expectations and first impressions. The Beta is for early testing and not ready for live games at this time. There are a lot of new features you will want to become familiar with as a GM before you dive in to run a game.

LordEntrails
October 29th, 2019, 23:24
My two cents, any extra free QA testers in a beta stage is a bonus for you guys.

Also, since I can't use it with my players, and I have to run that game still, I'm less inclined to test this now because I can't share it with them. So, you may have just lost a GM tester who was trading sleep for FGU.

I don't understand any need to restrict this.

One reason is the amount of testing info and feedback. 8500 licensed beta users are currently providing a huge amount of feedback. Something that takes time and resources to filter and manage, before any actual code can be worked on.

pollux
October 30th, 2019, 01:12
If anyone wants to do a connection test, I'm going to messing with FGU for the next 2-4 hours and happy to give it a shot.