PDA

View Full Version : Super slow starting

Apocrypha
October 29th, 2019, 12:59
As the title says it is extremely slow to start for some reason. I have more than enough PC to handle this app. Big games like CoD MW and BF V start faster than this. What gives? Not just the initial startup but every startup going to the main campaign screen.

ansar0
October 29th, 2019, 15:57
I know what your saying the original loaded faster then this dos

Nebulous
October 29th, 2019, 16:21
very slow

notrealdan
October 29th, 2019, 16:52
Yes, that is somewhat expected (at least, should not be surprising during a beta playtest). They are focusing on functionality for now and will address performance later on.

Roach
October 30th, 2019, 13:34
I guess it's mostly opening MODs PAKs and EXTs that takes so long - in the module activation screen, some (mostly rules) modules also take so long to load that one fears the program crashed - token packages work fine and fast, though.

UngainlyTitan
November 3rd, 2019, 13:18
I would agree, it need some kind of feedback to let the user know it has not crashed.

Zwergenmauer
November 3rd, 2019, 16:13
I would agree, it need some kind of feedback to let the user know it has not crashed.

I have also waited a while only to re-attempt opening some of the modules, then with similar but less laggy results. At times the program does seem to freeze, seize, or even give a shut down or wait dialog box. I'm chalking this up to a combination of computer hardware, beta testing, bandwidth and programming. Though frustrating at times, I have faith that this will get solved.

LordEntrails
November 3rd, 2019, 17:36
Expect stability to be the first class of issues to be addressed, second class function and third performance. But I'm sure it will get addressed in time.

Roach
November 3rd, 2019, 21:20
I have just seen the last Fantasy Grounds Friday, in which performance was addressed and they said that this will be looked into onmce the major stability and function kinks have been workerd upon...

MNBlockhead
April 26th, 2020, 06:54
I know that this is still an early release version, but it is almost unusable on my laptop: DELL XPS, Intel core i7 CPU at 2.20 GHz 2.21 GHz; 16 GB RAM (15.9 usable); 64 bit processor; 64-bit Windows 10 Pro. I know that my laptop is hardly a gaming computer, but I just don't have these issues with other VTT software (Map Tool, d20pro, or Foundry).

Arion
April 26th, 2020, 10:05
I know that this is still an early release version, but it is almost unusable on my laptop: DELL XPS, Intel core i7 CPU at 2.20 GHz 2.21 GHz; 16 GB RAM (15.9 usable); 64 bit processor; 64-bit Windows 10 Pro. I know that my laptop is hardly a gaming computer, but I just don't have these issues with other VTT software (Map Tool, d20pro, or Foundry).

Those are release versions that have been optimised for speed. FGU has not yet been optimised. The data files are still in their "big" format and the processes that will allow it to run at speed are not done. Once they are, it will run no problem.