PDA

View Full Version : Memory not releasing on module unload

mattekure
October 29th, 2019, 12:48
Loaded an empty 5e campaign. let it settle and total RAM was about 300Mb.

Using the Campaign Setup window, Data Modules 5E- Core Rules button, I loaded them and let it settle for a few minutes. total ram around 8Gb.

Unloaded all the modules and let it settle for a few minutes, total RAM around 7.5GB.

vainazzo
October 29th, 2019, 13:06
My machine idles at about 3gb of ram in use... last night 5e loading the PHB, MM, DMG, UA and strahd... It pegged me out at 14gb

leveljumper
October 29th, 2019, 15:35
My machine idles at about 3gb of ram in use... last night 5e loading the PHB, MM, DMG, UA and strahd... It pegged me out at 14gb

I was having the same issue loading modules into my game last night. I think the memory use on this is going to be a real big problem if they want to keep the new people coming onboard for the long term. I need to put a list together and the usage and post it on here.

vainazzo
October 29th, 2019, 17:58
Didn't they bundle all your stuff into one mod file per system? Like all your 5e into one file? I think that is slowing it down, I know they are chasing a memory leak which can be a pain in the rear (I'm a software developer) it just takes time to figure out how to get everything up and running right.

mattekure
October 29th, 2019, 18:02
I dont think they combined anything. Each file appears exactly as it did in classic. the purchased items appear in the vault and the rest appear in the modules folder. Each as separate items.

Didn't they bundle all your stuff into one mod file per system? Like all your 5e into one file? I think that is slowing it down, I know they are chasing a memory leak which can be a pain in the rear (I'm a software developer) it just takes time to figure out how to get everything up and running right.