PDA

View Full Version : Do you have Bugzilla or other bug submission system for the Beta?

Valyar
October 29th, 2019, 08:09
Are there plans to spin up some bug submission system to facilitate the process? I have list of bugs or things that don't work while the 1h I were playing with the client and posting separate forum threads or all in single seems not much productive. What the process should be?

Valarian
October 29th, 2019, 08:36
Investing in a project and release management tool such as Jira may be an idea as the development team grows.

Valyar
October 29th, 2019, 09:00
Investing in a project and release management tool such as Jira may be an idea as the development team grows.

Absolutely. If the beta testers have bugzilla to report and SW to properly organize the reports, tackling down things will be a breeze. JIRA helps a lot for many other things and I have the feeling they are going this way with the hosted Confluence (which I hate, as i use it daily :D )

Valarian
October 29th, 2019, 10:00

Absolutely. If the beta testers have bugzilla to report and SW to properly organize the reports, tackling down things will be a breeze. JIRA helps a lot for many other things and I have the feeling they are going this way with the hosted Confluence (which I hate, as i use it daily :D )

From the formatting of the issue numbering on the Known Issues thread, Jira may already be in place.

[FGU-411] - Investigate why explode low and high on same dice is not working

I presume that the Jira offering being used isn't at a level that offers the anonymous access for reporting and viewing issues.

Moon Wizard
October 31st, 2019, 00:31
We do not have any plans to open up bug submission to the general public. In addition to exposing a lot of internal communication that I don't think should be public, we want to make sure that any issues are fully vetted and recreated before submitting to Jira. Plus, we'll just spend all the time there trying to clean up Jira. Thus, the request to post issues to the forum where discussion and clarification can happen.

Regards,
JPG