PDA

View Full Version : Often crashes or VERY long load time going from main menu to host new blank campaign

Tigon
October 29th, 2019, 07:58
I get to the main menu, select host a campaign, cloud server. name the campaign. and from there its hit or miss if the campaign actually loads or crashes. When it does indeed load, it takes maybe 10 minutes or so to get there

When I AM able to get a campaign to load, it takes nearly 60 full seconds (possibly more) to load each book in the library, each book i go up, my memory usage goes up significantly as indicated in another thread

Win 10
i7-3820 @ 3.60 Ghz
24 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770

FGU effectively unusable for me in its current state as im not interested in sitting around for an hour clicking 1 button and waiting 2-10 minutes for said thing to load, then doing it again and again.

MrDDT
October 29th, 2019, 08:25
It's based on your HD and RAM speeds for those things.
Using SSD or NMVe drive will help cut the times down to about 1/2 of what you are talking maybe even more.

This is as expected currently because they are focused on playable stuff now, and work on speeding it up after.

Valyar
October 29th, 2019, 09:05
I have enterprise SSD and loading a new or empty campaign takes ages sometimes. No idea why, no extension or custom ruleset.
It is not related to the disk.

Tigon
October 29th, 2019, 16:04
It's based on your HD and RAM speeds for those things.
Using SSD or NMVe drive will help cut the times down to about 1/2 of what you are talking maybe even more.

This is as expected currently because they are focused on playable stuff now, and work on speeding it up after.

I am using an SSD

Nebulous
October 29th, 2019, 16:22
Same. I try to Host a game and it fails to load and crashes every time.

MrDDT
October 29th, 2019, 17:12
Same. I try to Host a game and it fails to load and crashes every time.

You might want to start another thread as your issues sound totally different than the OPs issues.

I am using an SSD

It takes 10mins to load on an SSD huh? That's not right something sounds a little off of the people I've talked to.

MrDDT
October 29th, 2019, 17:15
I have enterprise SSD and loading a new or empty campaign takes ages sometimes. No idea why, no extension or custom ruleset.
It is not related to the disk.

How long is ages?
I would say on an SSD over 6mins on a clean campaign is too long, do you have any modules loaded or anything?

Right now I know everyone is taking a long time.

deer_buster
October 29th, 2019, 17:17
6 minutes is waaay too long compared to FGC. Granted I know this is still alpha/beta, but it does get a tad frustrating.

ddavison
October 30th, 2019, 17:00
Thanks for reporting. We logged it in a ticket to research the high memory usage of loading modules.

Tigon
October 30th, 2019, 18:41
Thanks for reporting. We logged it in a ticket to research the high memory usage of loading modules.

I can try and take a screen recording of me going through the steps from application launch to the issue so you can see times and such. Perhaps it will show you something I've missed. That said, we're going into the weekend of my favorite holiday. I MIGHT have time tonight, tomorrow night or Friday night but I'm 100% busy Saturday/Sunday

If you think it will help I'll try to prioritize it. The only question is how would you want me to get you the footage? I think YouTube has the ability to make a video private.

dellanx
October 30th, 2019, 18:46
Yeah I have a 18 core and 32 GB Ram with an SSD, and a super dupper graphics card, and it takes for ever to load a Blank Adventure.

ddavison
October 30th, 2019, 19:06
I can try and take a screen recording of me going through the steps from application launch to the issue so you can see times and such. Perhaps it will show you something I've missed. That said, we're going into the weekend of my favorite holiday. I MIGHT have time tonight, tomorrow night or Friday night but I'm 100% busy Saturday/Sunday

If you think it will help I'll try to prioritize it. The only question is how would you want me to get you the footage? I think YouTube has the ability to make a video private.

Give us a bit to see if we can track this down further on our end. We are seeing some of the same things with recent builds on our end. If we need a video later on, youtube supports unlisted as well as private videos. I generally use unlisted and then give out links when I want to share stuff without it being public.