PDA

View Full Version : UI Scaling on 4k screens

Azaran
October 29th, 2019, 07:29
I think i need my reading glasses :P

Is there a way to scale the UI for large very high res screens?

MrDDT
October 29th, 2019, 08:23
Change the ui size by using the /scaleui
example /scaleui 200
the range is 50 to 200

SuperSpratt
October 29th, 2019, 08:34
I have encountered a bug where typing "/scaleui 50" doesn't work at all. All I get is a list of / functions.

MrDDT
October 29th, 2019, 08:39
Same here, I guess it's not working.

SuperSpratt
October 29th, 2019, 08:41
Yeah. I checked the other / functions like /ooc and /story and they work fine but I guess the UI scaling isn't working at the moment.

Valyar
October 29th, 2019, 09:02
The /scaleui does not work for me...

Ghil
October 29th, 2019, 09:32
Currently, display scaling is not implemented in the beta.
Which currently means I can't really test it. I'll be waiting for display scaling before jumping in!

Other issues with the beta can be found here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50483-FGU-Playtest-Known-Items

Hlynrian
November 2nd, 2019, 21:08
Me too :( Very tiny font on my screen.

dikdastard
November 12th, 2019, 22:39
Reminded of a handy utility "display changer" I first came across trying to run maptool on a 4k laptop screen- just tried it with FGU and works fine at least with the CLI version, not tested the xml version yet. Should save a bit of eyestrain at least until the official implementation of scaleui is completed.

Free for personal use from https://12noon.com/

Agile
January 11th, 2020, 02:50
I think i need my reading glasses :P

Is there a way to scale the UI for large very high res screens?

Sorry to necro a bit here, but was looking into this same thing. Haven't found a solution yet, except to drop my monitor down to 1080p while using FG Unity. (Not a huge deal, really, though I have to admit my eyes kinda bug out after squinting at the tiny fonts for so long.. ;) )

LordEntrails
January 11th, 2020, 16:27
Sorry to necro a bit here, but was looking into this same thing. Haven't found a solution yet, except to drop my monitor down to 1080p while using FG Unity. (Not a huge deal, really, though I have to admit my eyes kinda bug out after squinting at the tiny fonts for so long.. ;) )
See post #7 above of this thread; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51592-UI-Scaling-on-4k-screens&p=458748&viewfull=1#post458748

Someone2345
April 28th, 2020, 11:31
Ha! May 2020 and this is still an issue.

Azaran
April 28th, 2020, 12:00
Ha! May 2020 and this is still an issue.

Actually it was fixed a while ago. /Scaleui has been implemented

Someone2345
April 28th, 2020, 12:20
So I am imagining the problem - thank you for letting know not to trust my own eyes.*:/

(I haven't fully troubleshot the problem yet; but on a standard install, crancking the UI up to 200% does nothing and standard windows 10 scaling desktop functionality is not affecting the application. I am not certain I have restarted my computer yet, but then I didn't see any notifications that
'changes may require a restart of your computer'.

In summary -* this feature is still not working.

It isn't working enough to make me (an IT professional) run a search on the subject, pulling up this thread - already necroed back in Jan 2020.

But thanks for the condescending welcome to the community.

Sure my original post was not the friendliest - but that is likely due to being asked to pay around £100++ for access to the platform (obviously I have not done that - but it is a very prominent request a few clicks into researching online gaming tools). Only to be presented with a UI from sometime in the early 00s and an inactive support board.

Good start :p

Trenloe
April 28th, 2020, 12:44
But thanks for the condescending welcome to the community.

Sure my original post was not the friendliest - but that is likely due to being asked to pay around £100++ for access to the platform...
Welcome to the FG forums.

Yes, your first post wasn't the friendliest (which came across as mocking), and @Azaran's reply was, IMO, friendlier than yours. I'm sure that mocking wasn't your intent, but that's how it came across.

This is a public forum - we expect everyone to be friendly and everyone will get treated friendly in return - no matter how much they've spent on Fantasy Grounds.

If you have an issue please provide further information so we can help you - when you ran /scaleui 200 in the chat window did FG report "UI Scale change to 200"? If it didn't, then the command was not issued correctly. If it did, and there was no change in the UI scale, issue /scaleui 100 to reset back to normal. Then, assuming FG reported "UI Scale change to 100", try /scaleui 200 again to see if it makes a difference.

Someone2345
April 28th, 2020, 12:53
It is fine now thank you - I have asked to cancel my subscription and will explore elsewhere for an online gaming tool. Cheers. (This is not really a tool at the moment for new users it is clear).

(I was using the updater/setup screen not the command input.
The access to the update/setup screen also does not really work at the moment after install, as seen in another reason thread... which is apparently a low priority for a fix at the moment). Wish you all luck in this new endeavor.

ncushing
April 29th, 2020, 17:02
Perhaps it's too late, but I had the same issue and was able to fix it by a) setting the Windows scaling to 150/200% in control panel and b) configuring the app compatibility setting to use "System" for the high DPI scaling. For part b, the screen cap under "Windows Desktop Applications". This link shows the settings: https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-adjust-high-dpi-scaling-in-windows-10/